PDA

View Full Version : Burma releases pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi

HouseHobbit
November 13th, 2010, 09:44
It is about time..
I have been following this since the begining..(Many Years)
Yea there is a american that knows about this....

BRAVO.. I am pleased Aung San Suu Kyi is now finally given a degree of freedom
Thank God, I rejoice in this..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11749661

Aviator32
November 13th, 2010, 10:21
This has been all over the BBC since rumours started that she was going to be released and now that she has been they are talking of nothing else. They seem to be obsessed with her and I can't for the life of me work out why. Personally I couldn't care less.

jmig
November 13th, 2010, 12:43
Any time someone's human freedoms, which were wrongly taken away, are given back, it is a time to rejoice.

Aviator32
November 13th, 2010, 13:09
Any time someone's human freedoms, which were wrongly taken away, are given back, it is a time to rejoice.

Yes, briefly maybe. She has been the poster girl for the bleeding heart middle class Hampstead living tofu eating BBC news producers for nearly twenty years. They'll have to find another middle class martyr now.
She was a poor little rich girl who meddled in politics and had to stay in her large house and lush gardens where she was very well looked after and allowed to remain in contact with the world, otherwise we would have long forgotten her. People are comparing her to Mandela which is absurd and insulting. She has never done anything for the poor of Burma and spent half of her life living in New York and London. No doubt she'll be on a chat show near you soon.