PDA

View Full Version : Invisible MFD

falcon409
November 13th, 2010, 07:43
I have been working with a developer on a soon to be released aircraft, but a problem I have run into is stumping both of us. The VC has dual MFD's and a central PFD. The PFD works as it should, coming on when the avionics switch is activated. . . .however the MFD's do not. They are visible in FSPanel Studio however they do not load in FSX, despite getting the initial question about loading the gauges when I load the aircraft in FSX.

I have tried copying the gauges into the gauges folder as well (currently all gauges reside in the panel folder), but that has no effect. There are adjustment areas on the MFD's that, if it was loaded but not on, I would still be able to move my cursor over and see a reaction. . .there is none.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I'd like to try to get this figured out without revealing any info on the aircraft itself. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.:salute:

Prowler1111
November 13th, 2010, 08:18
check the naming of the $ plane in the panel cfg is the correct one.

Prowler

falcon409
November 13th, 2010, 08:50
check the naming of the $ plane in the panel cfg is the correct one.
Prowler
Yep, and also on that note Prowler, there are other gauges and switches in that same window that function just fine, it's only that gauge. I swapped out the offending mfd with one from the default 737-800 and it works just fine.:salute:

falcon409
November 13th, 2010, 09:05
. . . . . .and the original mfd works fine in FS9, just not in FSX.:salute:

Prowler1111
November 13th, 2010, 09:06
OK, check that the gauge is not out of the plane, either is too big or misplaced, it should be placed "inside" the plane, you´re using FSPS right?

Prowler

falcon409
November 13th, 2010, 10:15
OK, check that the gauge is not out of the plane, either is too big or misplaced, it should be placed "inside" the plane, you´re using FSPS right?

Prowler
Correct. I've checked all that Prowler, everything in FSPS appears to be as it should be, especially since it works fine in FS9. Could there be a coding issue at play here? I mean in order for it to show in FSX does it require a different code to be visible. Absolutely clueless where this stuff is concerned.:salute:

anthony31
November 13th, 2010, 16:43
Debugging is fun.

Does the gauge display on a 2D panel?

I'd be cutting everything out of the gauge except the bare minimum (ie display background image only) to see if that worked. Then you'd know if it was a problem with gauge coding or if there is a VC mapping problem.

falcon409
November 13th, 2010, 19:48
Debugging is fun.

Does the gauge display on a 2D panel?

I'd be cutting everything out of the gauge except the bare minimum (ie display background image only) to see if that worked. Then you'd know if it was a problem with gauge coding or if there is a VC mapping problem.
Nope doesn't show in the 2D either and there isn't anything to cut out of the gauge, the MFD is one gauge, not a composite.

Also, as mentioned, it works fine in FS9 and swapping out the offending gauge for the default 737-800 works fine as well.

Smudge
November 14th, 2010, 02:27
Falcon, Sounds very much like a coding issue...if you want me to take a look over the code, drop me a PM here and I'll see what I can do.

DB.