PDA

View Full Version : $20.00 ( twenty Us Dollars) REWARD

No Dice
November 12th, 2010, 12:51
Anyone willing to check there archives and email me a copy of my original Corsica and Italy 1941 scenery for CFS1 I will put in the mail to any state or country a 20 dollar bill the day I get it. Simply include your mailing address.
You will know its mine because the info will refer to me at my old email address at combatfltsim.

Any effort will be much appreciated

Dave

www.thefreeflightsite.com (http://www.thefreeflightsite.com):salute:

smilo
November 12th, 2010, 15:26
I'm not really interested in the money,
I thought they were freeware.
that said, so far, I am not able to help, yet.
I have almost everything by c burgess,
Cryintoto and some Edmundo Abad stuff,
but that's about it.
sorry, I'll keep looking.
I've got a ton of disks and several old hard drives.
this might take a while.

No Dice
November 12th, 2010, 16:03
Was, is and always will be freeware, I just want to make some improvements. When Martin came out with his mesh program, we did not know what we all know now. I was only running a 10 meg site at the time so the previous ya'll hosted the download for me. Any way, I have my additions, North and central italy, elba but without the original file I really don't have much to work with. I realize that its old CFS1 stuff but I put 100's of hours in it and to be quite frank, I'd pay much more than the $20.

Dave

smilo
November 13th, 2010, 11:36
so far, no dice, sorry.
to top it off,
a few years ago,
SOH had a series of major server crashes.
all uploads were lost.
some have, fortunately, been restored
because someone had them in their personal stash.
sadly, most are gone.
I have not given up,
but it's looking bleak.

No Dice
November 13th, 2010, 11:55
What else can anyone ask for, time is valuable, you ever need a favor, you know how to contact me.

much appreciated, I think Dave C. has a copy but hasn't had the time to forward it. Hopefully he will get a break and be able to do so.

Ya'll are a good bunch here, I now remember why I liked this place so much.

Dave

SgtT
November 13th, 2010, 15:47
I think I ,may have what you are looking for. Would you like me to email them to you? PM me and let me know. Don't want the money.

T.

No Dice
November 13th, 2010, 16:31
I sent you an email, but am still getting use to this site and am not sure you received it.
Please forward it to dea14u@aol.com

Smilo please don't edit this email for a couple of days

Thanks

Dave

smilo
November 13th, 2010, 18:45
not to worry.
if you are comfortable posting it,
I will leave it alone.
if and when you decide
that you want it removed,
just let me know
and I will take care of it.

I am thrilled that you may have found the files.
very cool.

Ivan
November 13th, 2010, 18:55
Not really interested in the money, but if you know a specific file name you are looking for, please post it. I downloaded an awful lot of stuff way back, but never organized any of it. I can tell you I was mostly hunting for planes rather than scenery, but I downloaded a lot of both.

- Ivan.

No Dice
November 13th, 2010, 19:18
Thanks Smilo for leaving the email up and for taking the time to look for my missing file.

Ivan it was originally loaded up in the old here, but at the time it was a large file and may have been broken up into parts. The original file was Corsica and Italy 1941 , with Elba, North, central and southern italy to follow. I have the North, elba and central ( southern yet to be completed)
but none will work without the original files. With todays stuff I should be able to really make that scenery something to look at.

SgtT, If you have it and forward it, please take the beer money.

And the whole bunch of ya'll are welcomed to some inside discounts if your ever in the need of avaition or land mobile communications.

Dave

SgtT
November 14th, 2010, 05:38
Files sent, check your email. Let me know if that was what you were looking for.

T.

No Dice
November 14th, 2010, 06:08
SgtT, you did it for me....much appreciated. If I would have known it had been repacked into someone elses stuff, I guess I could have downloaded it myself. Please send me your mailing address, I really want to buy you a burger and a beer.

Thanks again everybody

Dave

smilo
November 14th, 2010, 06:16
:applause::applause::applause::applause: :salute:

I can't help but wonder
what it was repackaged as

hubbabubba
November 14th, 2010, 07:04
:applause::applause::applause::applause: :salute:

I can't help but wonder
what it was repackaged as

The_long_boot_shaped_like_country_south_of_Switzer land_in_the_Mediterranean_sea.zip

Sorry... couldn't resist the temptation...:icon_lol:

smilo
November 14th, 2010, 07:33
...your .zip doesn't work.
I can't download the "attachment"
who is the author?
Cliff Burgess, Cryintoto, or No Dice, aka Dave?
apparently, c burgess and cryintoto
have used Dave's scenery in their missions.
and ickie even has one here called itily.
wish I had known all that,
I could have saved hours of searching.
I never saw No Dice or Dave's name in the Read Me's,
so I kept looking.
oh well, so it goes.

-------------:kilroy:-----------
oh yeah, topic change;
I now have separate Flaps, Gear and Spoilers levers
installed and functioning with my Throttle Quadrant.
sweet!!

No Dice
November 14th, 2010, 07:55
You know its my scenery when you go to the italy1 folder in there pack, they for got to remove 1 of my readmes. But the fun way to find out is to go to 42 42 39.68 and 10 27 15.50 and see the revolving lighthouse on Elba or even better ( for bush pilots w pontoons) go to Po Landing on the Po River 45 00 59.08 and 10 49 16.05 Land and fish off the bulk head. Lots more but I let you find them after I get a chance to see what if any changes have been made to the scenery.

Dave

No Dice
November 15th, 2010, 16:11
Thanks all, got her up and running. Correcting a few changes made and adding some stuff to the scenery and will release it again shortly ( along with all and any proper and correct credits)

Also will be re-releasing the CFS2 version shortly. This is somewhat funny, I ordered a new copy of CFS2 from amazon ( you can not find fltsim software or even joysticks in Biloxi Ms) and got my shipping notification that it was being shipped via "Royal Mail". I guess I will be waiting a while ?

As for the pulldoos on the batcha, you will have to ask Guy ( Hubba) so far he is the closest to a cajon I have meet in this forum.

Thanks again to all of you

Dave

PS Smilo, did you convince your " Piper Club" to give me back my Typhoon?

smilo
November 15th, 2010, 16:49
is there a Goodwill in Biloxi?
if so, have you checked Goodwill for a joystick?
I find them around here for about $5.
make sure to go for USB.

I am cracking up...
that old Quebecer a cajon.
funny stuff...:icon_lol:...in French, of course.

nope, I didn't convince anyone
to give your Typhoon back.
you said you gave out 3 copies,
can you remember who you gave them to?
I'm grasping at straws here.

I was serious in the PM
when I suggested meeting up
with the AAC boys on Sundays.
CFS DieHards, for sure,
but they do have fun.

hubbabubba
November 15th, 2010, 21:02
As for the pulldoos on the batcha, you will have to ask Guy ( Hubba) so far he is the closest to a cajon I have meet in this forum.:isadizzy:I have absolutely no idea of what "pulldoos" and "batcha" mean. Cajun is as far from French (which I pretend to be writing and speaking quite fluently) as Solomon Island Pidgin is from English.

P.S.- BTW, No Dice, have you tried the jeep? This is really what "Laisser les bons temps rouler." means!

No Dice
November 16th, 2010, 10:12
Hubba, Haven't tried the jeeps yet but I will. To busy flying your taifun. I think you should redo the airfiles on all the CFS1 aircraft.

Dave

hubbabubba
November 16th, 2010, 13:18
There is a lot of Ivan in that airfile. The problem is that we seldomly see eyes-to-eyes in that matter.:ernae:

But when we do, it makes great airfiles.

Try flying with auto-mixture OFF, its even better.:engel016: