PDA

View Full Version : Plane Design Spitfire in FSX?

delta_lima
November 12th, 2010, 11:47
Anyone know if this lovely FS9 model has been fixed for use in FSX? I get the standard solid prop, opaque canopy.

I'd love a Mk 24, but this Merlin-powered bubble-top would be a lovely stand-in ...

cheers,

dl

delta_lima
November 14th, 2010, 08:23
No ideas, huh? I recall somewhere there being a fix somewhere ... maybe I'm thinking of a different project. Have emailed PD and no response ...

cheers,

dl

JensOle
November 14th, 2010, 09:14
I have not tested the PD Spit in FSX. Airframe and flight model wise so should the realair Spitfire XIV be the closest you get to the Griffon engined 24 compared to the smaller Merlin XI/XVI marks

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 09:53
One option might be the Just Flight Spitfire package which contains a late marque bubble top. I use it in FS9. It is a nice package, if a little dated now. They state that it will work in FSX - but with SP1 - ONLY. I have tried it in Acceleration and get the usual prop problems.

Paul K
November 14th, 2010, 10:24
I agree, the Plane Design Spitfire is an FS9 beauty, as is their Lancaster and Lancastrian .
Ed Walters is pretty busy with the very stuff of life at the moment, but who knows...one day he might return to the Spitfire..

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/EdSpit01.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/Spit006.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/Spit005.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/Spit008.jpg

skyhawka4m
November 14th, 2010, 13:39
ya....I miss this plane in FSX. I was lucky enough to have some of the beta's of the other ones they were going to do......and they were equally as nice!

delta_lima
November 14th, 2010, 20:18
Thanks lads,

Yes, I have the RealAir for FSX, and believe it to be the late-model Spitfire par excelence insofar as FSX goes, but for FS9, it was the PD bird that was my fave ... Who knows, perhaps the future may yet see a bubble top yet.

cheers,

dl

skyhawka4m
November 14th, 2010, 20:22
I'm hoping that Vertigo will take a stab at a bubbletop.

delta_lima
November 14th, 2010, 20:28
I'm hoping that Vertigo will take a stab at a bubbletop.

Ooooh - hadn't thought of that. Yes, they've been exclusive on a US manufacturer trajectory ... but they'd certainly have the wherewithall to do a nice project. Perhaps their wonderful proclivity for carrier planes might cause them to look at a Seafire 47, and then a FR 24 might be a logical leap.... yes ... one can dream .... :) Well, I gladly share my Spitfire books and data I've compiled for sure....

dl

SADT
November 14th, 2010, 20:56
Vertigo have already said they are doing a Spitfire V :jump:

Rich
November 14th, 2010, 21:07
Plane Design Spitfire in FSX, a bit like this, in Accel

Mk V did not have a bubble canopy

Z-IanMCD
November 15th, 2010, 00:48

Rich, could you upload the necessary files to make this gorgeous plane work in FSX?? Thanks in advance!

delta_lima
November 15th, 2010, 16:54

I say Rich - looks superb! Not at all what mine looked like. Looking forward to the fix - I thought there was something! :)

cheers,

Rich
November 15th, 2010, 17:48
This is what I have not perfect but hopefully acceptable

Rich

delta_lima
November 15th, 2010, 19:17
Thanks Rich - this looks perfect!

Only portover issues I'm getting is FSX hangs when I run the gauges - remove them, and it loads and flies fine. I'm ok with 2D cockpits, but the cockpit gives you no vis over the nose whatsoever, and the standard eyepoint adjust (shift+enter) doesn't work for some odd reason. I don't know if anyone else found those issues. Worst case, I fly an addon 2D panel - not the end of the world. Gives a lovely old gal new life. Huge thanks Rich!!!

cheers,

dl

ZsoltB
January 29th, 2011, 12:50
I have a problem!
When booting the FS2004 Spitfire CTD and throw
Any idea?

delta_lima
January 29th, 2011, 14:04
Did you bring any gauges in? What did you install vs leave out? What about sounds? In FSX, if you have no sound or panel folder, you don't see the plane. Do you have a proper sound folder?

let us know what you did. The base install with Rich's file fix did it fine for me...

dl

ZsoltB
January 29th, 2011, 21:32
I FS2004 installed!
These folders can be created:

- Aircraft
- Effect
- Gauges (2files: jwb_xs_temp.gau, pdspit16_droptank.gau)
- Sound

Regards,

Zsolt

Creepy847
February 1st, 2011, 09:12
Can anyone send me the missing Bitmap for the gauge needles. Ive tried to email the developer but theyre email is no longer current...

I bought the ac 2 weeks ago and everything works fine except for the gauges. They are missing the needles. From what I gather I need a bitmap that the developer has given out, but Im no longer able to email him...

Any help would be appriecated very much..

R/S

Creepy847

delta_lima
February 25th, 2011, 14:53
Can anyone send me the missing Bitmap for the gauge needles. Ive tried to email the developer but theyre email is no longer current...

I bought the ac 2 weeks ago and everything works fine except for the gauges. They are missing the needles. From what I gather I need a bitmap that the developer has given out, but Im no longer able to email him...

Any help would be appriecated very much..

R/S

Creepy847

The recent discussion about the Lancastrian reminded me that I too, never was able to run the VC gauges properly on the XVIe. I have a 2D panel in place from another model, as a stop gap - but the VC gauges would be ideal on this type.

I hate to bug you Rich, but did you get this working? Your glass fix works well - I should just have confirmed gauges with you a few weeks ago - ran out of time to follow up.

thanks,

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 20:14
Re missing gauge needles, they are not missing they are in the cab files, having looked at the vc in panel studio none of the flight gau's are listed so you just get the panel background. Probably applies to The Lancastrian too.

Bit busy at the moment so no time really to look for a fix but will check if it works in FS9

Rich

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 22:31
DL, some good news and some not so good, 1st the good after searching my old Fs9 backups I found the Lancastrian which has a working VC with all gau working properly it needs a prop textures change though.

The Spit is a different kettle of fish VC works in Fs9 for some reason but not in FSX the panel.cfg does not have the gau entries in the vc section.

It may be fixable if time and patience were not a problem

delta_lima
February 25th, 2011, 23:16
Hello Rich,

Bummer about the Spit - maybe a fix will emerge later...I would settle for a decent 2d panel...

Regarding the Lancastrian, Roger mentions a Halifax prop fix in this thread ... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50427-Pretty-as-a-picture

I did not actually get it as I have still to buy the plane-hope it helps you, though.

Many thanks for looking-as always, your generosity is much appreciated.

DL

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 23:36
DL, not sure if you can still get the Lancastrian but the Alphasim Halifax/Halton I think was released as freeware.

delta_lima
February 26th, 2011, 07:35
Yes, the Lancastrian is still available from PD. But I'm going to have to pass, alas. I'm saving some pennies for the Virtavia Scimitar or their Sea Venom ... the latter because I love all the DH twin booms. Was tempted with the Suprunov Vampire too ...

dl