PDA

View Full Version : Another slow day at MIT.

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 10:16
Yes, the Genius's at the Massachusets Institute of Technology have had another slow day on the cutting edge of research. The other day it was contrail investigations. Today, it's the dynamics of cat lapping. I guess once you have tenure, you don't worry so much.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/11/5449974-scientists-reveal-secret-of-a-cats-lap?GT1=43001

Aviator32
November 12th, 2010, 10:30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Massachusetts_Institute_of_Technology_alum ni

Yeah, rubbish aren't they. You should probably close it down and let them all go to study in China or India :icon_lol:

Who knows how this could be put to use in the future. It could one day provide a clue to solving any number of problems we don't even yet know about.

For those with half a brain who might be interested to know more - http://web.mit.edu/press/2010/cat-lapping.html

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 10:40
I guess everything has to be researched, on the premise that you never know what doors of discovery the data may help to open.

Wing_Z
November 12th, 2010, 11:59
Didn't everyone know cats lapped at a Froude Number of 1??
Mine doesn't, actually, but it has some other strange habits, also... :)

OBIO
November 12th, 2010, 15:46
If the folks at MIT want to figure out the answer for something, why not put their brains into use on figuring out why women find it perfectly normal to spend absolutely good money on totally worthless crap!

OBIO

TARPSBird
November 12th, 2010, 16:10
And the world has been greatly enriched, now that we have that information. :rolleyes:

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 16:12
And the world has been greatly enriched, now that we have that information. :rolleyes:

indeed, let's have a round of meows

Naismith
November 12th, 2010, 20:55
If the folks at MIT want to figure out the answer for something, why not put their brains into use on figuring out why women find it perfectly normal to spend absolutely good money on totally worthless crap!

OBIO

I guarantee they see the total reverse of this. "Sitting at a PC screen all day and night, pretending to fly virtual aircraft?"

Allen
November 12th, 2010, 23:19
I guarantee they see the total reverse of this. "Sitting at a PC screen all day and night, pretending to fly virtual aircraft?"

We do that for the when we have flying car. This way we have a head start.:jump:

jbtate
November 13th, 2010, 00:30
Neighbor male cat Berlioz apparently brought a gift of a killed female rat and two baby rats near my tough smart and sweet, lovely and talented cat Amelia's back porch Thursday night.
He left them quite neatly in the coils of a water hose in my driveway.
16 year old cat Amelia was a great hunter/fighter in her time, less lately, though still going --
Amelia with a scratch on her nose Friday, so the issue might be in dispute.
Eons of cats and dogs lapping in various manners for reasons -- can't dismiss some benevolent application of study ...
jbtate

stansdds
November 13th, 2010, 03:19

OBIO
Amen!!!!!!!

Terry
November 13th, 2010, 05:11

OBIO

Reminds me of a quote from the original Star Trek describing a womans mind as, "a mass of conflicting impulses".