PDA

View Full Version : A2A; Aircraft Factory He219

Lewis-A2A
November 12th, 2010, 04:25
Hello guys, girls and swamp wallabees (correct spelling in Lewis land).

Aircraft factory, a division of A2A Simulations is proud to be bringing to FSX the He219.

The aircraft was at wars end arguebly one of the most adavanced and featured many innovations that are still a part of combat aviation deisgn today, with ejector seats, pressurised cockpit and large full vision cockpit. However we cant help the marmite 'love it or hate it' looks, though blatantly shes a good looking girl!

We would also like to make mention to one of our recent new members, Marcelo Da Silva. Some may know Marcelo for his outstanding painting over the years with Marcfighters. Marcelo has been full time with us for over a year, and has recently given this plane a complete overhaul with the assistance of A2A’s lead artist, Robert Rogalski. Also, our hat is off to Cody Bergland of Jaggyroad Films for making this moving film of our new baby.

Aircraft Factory, a division of A2A Simulations Inc., is proud to present the Heinkel He-219 “Uhu” for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It is scheduled for release next week.

A2A Thread;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22752

Video;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Madaboutsims/he219_youtube.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWX4yF_rSxQ&hd=1)

stiz
November 12th, 2010, 04:47
blooming ell you lot have been busy! :jump:

jankees
November 12th, 2010, 04:49
next week?? oh wow!!

Oelwanne
November 12th, 2010, 04:57
You Guys at A2A are simply amazing!! Seems my Credit Card get the next workout...
Thanks Guys!
:salute:

Aviator32
November 12th, 2010, 05:22
Very nice - I had the FS9 version - it was a great plane!

It's probably insulting to ask in this day and age and especially to ask A2A (except this is by Aircraft factory) but it's definitely all original FSX native from the ground up isn't it?

rohan
November 12th, 2010, 05:39
That is the one plane I wanted above all others to use in FSX since the day I bought it, as I thought the FS9 model was the absolute bees-knees. It was my first payware purchase for FS9, and resulted in my buying several other Shockwave products.

Sadly, your thread also brings a note of caution, for me at least - the fact that it's an Aircraft Factory model. In itself, that's probably no big deal, but what worries me is that the AF F4U has suffered from not being a "true" A2A plane, as it just doesn't have, and never will, all those little A2A features that we all know and love. In fact, I was under the impression that there would never be another AF model from A2A, but of course political winds are always changing.

Perhaps you could elaborate on the situation for me. Specifically, is this an Aircraft Factory model like the F4U ? Or is it a true A2A model with all those bells and whistles, and at least the possiblilty of having AccuSim at some point in the future if we wish, and it just happens to have been made by Aircraft Factory ?

Thanks in advance,
Ro

Aviator32
November 12th, 2010, 06:20
That is the one plane I wanted above all others to use in FSX since the day I bought it, as I thought the FS9 model was the absolute bees-knees. It was my first payware purchase for FS9, and resulted in my buying several other Shockwave products.

Sadly, your thread also brings a note of caution, for me at least - the fact that it's an Aircraft Factory model. In itself, that's probably no big deal, but what worries me is that the AF F4U has suffered from not being a "true" A2A plane, as it just doesn't have, and never will, all those little A2A features that we all know and love. In fact, I was under the impression that there would never be another AF model from A2A, but of course political winds are always changing.

Perhaps ypou could elaborate on the situation for me. Specifically, is this an Aircraft Factory model like the F4U ? Or is it a true A2A model with all those bells and whistles, and at least the possiblilty of having AccuSim at some point in the future if we wish, and it just happens to have been made by Aircraft Factory ?

Thanks in advance,
Ro

Agreed. Plus I noticed the sentence - Marcelo has been full time with us for over a year, and has recently given this plane a complete overhaul which is what made me wonder if Aircraft factory had been given the FS9 model to port over.

I stand to be corrected though, and I agree it really was a great add-on for FS9.

Lewis-A2A
November 12th, 2010, 06:26
Hey Guys, The Aircraft Factory was the brainchild of myself and Scott to high quality aircraft to the customer at a low cost. A2A is kinda to Aircraft Factory as Lexus is to Toyota. Toyota makes some of the best quality, affordable cars in the world.

While this He219 owl has been built in house by A2A, our door is open for others to use this as a potential outlet for their work. We have other Aircraft Factory planes in development, at the moment, some in house and others from outside developers.

Plus of course the best thing is all our products go through our tried and tested Beta and quality control team. Although in this instance it was more TLC for the owl, the products are picked apart and put by together by our beta team and we really do consider them the best in the business.

rohan
November 12th, 2010, 08:06
Lewis,
thanks for your input here. As it happens, while I understand your Lexus analogy, my last car was a Toyota which was bought based on the premise you quoted. Suffice to say I got rid of it as quickly as I could, and will never drive another Toyota ...

Anyway, I hear what you say, but you didn't really answer my question. Even if it has been through all your A2A processes, and you regard an Aircraft Factory model as an A2A model, does this model of my favourite aircraft have all those Shockwave details that the FS9 Uhu and 190s had, and is it coming with an AccuSim option ?

Thanks again,
Ro

Oelwanne
November 12th, 2010, 08:52
Maybe you should wait for a Users Response, or a review in one of those Flightsim Magazines to
judge if this will suit you well.
Just a thought....

Lewis-A2A
November 12th, 2010, 09:05
Hello rohan,

yes the FSX version started life as our FS2004 version. So it has all the goodness from that. The project has been overseen by the orignal creator and lead A2A artist Robert Rogalski, plus of course you get the extra goodies that come from native FSX models that just adds that little extra magic of an enhanced model

Re: accu-sim, unfortunatly accu-sim would be a very difficult project for the He219 due to source data being so scarce. However as we mentioned in our development update with Accu-sim now being a module design we could in theory create it for any aircraft we put out as an add-on.

I know what you mean about the Toyota saying but its best I could think of hehe, ok maybe this one since I am sat here watching Practice 1 of Formula 1.

Aircraft factory is karting, WOP is Formula 3 and accu-sim is Formula 1, whilst each is very exciting to watch and no doubt take part in there is that order of how many F1 drivers start out in karting and go up through the series, using the skills learnt to progress them up.

Aviator32
November 12th, 2010, 09:16
Ahhh! Thank you :running:

dvj
November 12th, 2010, 10:23
blooming ell you lot have been busy! :jump:
And if you put your famous weathered paint spin on this like the recent F4U, it will be most amazing.

d

AndyE1976
November 12th, 2010, 10:33
This looks really interesting, will have to pick this up next week.

If AF are in a German mood then a Ju88 or Do17 would be really special.

Murray Cod
November 12th, 2010, 11:58
I don't think it is too early to treat myself to a Xmas present

SADT
November 12th, 2010, 12:58
This might go on my early christmas wish list!

Very interesting. The Uhu looks like a very fast night fighter. It looks as if not many were made - looks like a late war creation.

Warrant
November 12th, 2010, 13:38
drewl.....will purchase......drewl.....will make a "unicorn" repaint for this version as well.......drewl.....

My FS9 WOP HE-219 repaint resembles a fictional Luftwaffe HE219 in particular NJG4 colors flown by Major Otto Werner (inspired by the Biggles comic book "Battle of Britain"). This particular livery has the remarkable "unicorn" nose-art.

:wiggle::salute::wavey:

warchild
November 12th, 2010, 15:26
beautiful aircraft, and the perfect completion to the big night fighters once the one i'm working on is finished.. Are nyou folks emulating the radar they used in the real one?? I know thats probably much too expect, but it would be really interesting to see..

Ian Warren
November 12th, 2010, 16:19
Sorry , there is no way i,m not getting this one , when you say next week , is that 12;0.1 AM Monday NZ standard time :wavey:

Edit: Uuu by the way Ugly as 'Owl'

www.nzff.org
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

peter12213
November 12th, 2010, 17:08
As I said on Facebook long overdue! Very happy here!

And Warrant mate cant wait for your repaints in this one buddy!

tommieboy
November 12th, 2010, 17:17
I'm looking forward to adding this one to my FSX collection soon. :salute:

Tommy

clmooring
November 12th, 2010, 18:32
Is this the same Aircraft Factory which released an RV8 for 2002, maybe it was 2004? It was several years ago. I remember it was one of the first add-ons I had that simulated vibrations in the cockpit.

rohan
November 12th, 2010, 21:03
Lewis,
thanks again for the input. I guess that means this will be a "wait and see", depending on the number and quality of repaints that become available, and on user reaction and feedback,
Ro

stiz
November 12th, 2010, 21:52
Is this the same Aircraft Factory which released an RV8 for 2002, maybe it was 2004?

nope, totally different and non releated :wavey:

Tartuffe
November 13th, 2010, 00:01
Count me in !
Thanks Guys ! :wiggle:

Stickshaker
November 13th, 2010, 01:42
And me! Great initiative Lewis, Scott and team!

Roger
November 13th, 2010, 02:51
Glad to hear it...I'll be buying.

TeiscoDelRay
November 13th, 2010, 08:01
I will wait, saving my money for StarFIghter!

padburgess
November 13th, 2010, 13:16
Lewis

Amazing aircraft. Definitely one for the hanger.
Not wanting to be negative, but I already have the FS9 version working in FSX, albiet with a few minor issues, so if you are not accu simming this one (and I understand why), what will it give me above the FS9 one. Are the changes limited to bump maps etc or are they more substantial. With the large number of desireable aircraft and scenery files coming out soon the old peso is not going as far as I would like.
Are you giving this one a comprehensive audio suite?

Anyway cheers for the brilliant aircraft. I will buy it at some stage and to reflect another comment How long for the Ju88?

Paul
2912 aftershocks and counting. Last one 4.68 @ 6.8km last night.

Paul K
November 13th, 2010, 13:25
A nicely tight and under-stated video. No flab, no vainglory, no 'cueing of emotions'. The almost mournful music seems so appropriate to a great aircraft born to serve an already lost cause. Beautifully done, Cody...in this case, less is most definitely more.

Lewis-A2A
November 14th, 2010, 13:12
hello Padburgess (Paul)

The aircraft factory version is alot more than just adding bumps its a full FSX update with well over 100 FSX special enchancements over the older model/product.

Keep an eye on our forums as we will be releasing the normal release screenshots etc once released.

padburgess
November 15th, 2010, 01:17
Lewis

Thanks. I look forward to the release. I'll save my pennies.

Paul

CHBTheDoctor
November 15th, 2010, 04:57
...having her for FS9, modded to FSX, still loving her...

...only complain in FSX was the flight model, that was some kind of strange.

But there is A2A to the rescue. :applause:

Tim-HH
November 16th, 2010, 12:51
A new video!

T0S5Nf7-LvI

dswo
November 16th, 2010, 13:37
According to YouTube, "This video is private."

Roadburner440
November 16th, 2010, 13:40
Hey Tim. Don't know how you got your hands on it cause You Tube says the video is set to private. Cannot wait to see it though!

Tim-HH
November 16th, 2010, 13:46
Hey Tim. Don't know how you got your hands on it cause You Tube says the video is set to private. Cannot wait to see it though!

Mhh, a few minutes ago it was accessible to everyone. Obviously they have changed it...

Maybe Lewis has an explanation for us :)

Greetings
Tim

Lewis-A2A
November 16th, 2010, 14:16
*raise hand slighty and gently waves* "These are not the droids you are looking for"

:engel016:

YoYo
November 16th, 2010, 14:24
I have too same massege. Cant see this video.

My old shot:

http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/2875/he219a0r64rj.jpg

BUT check this link for video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCDDdbwWug&feature=player_embedded

Lewis-A2A
November 16th, 2010, 14:26
Cheeky Lil Droids always running off!

Ok heres the video, with the recent Nvidia drivers we re-shot the video as the new drivers just give us a much better performance in FSX overall and of course this is esp important when each frame being displayed is also being recorded :ernae:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/af_he219_screenshot_day.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCDDdbwWug&hd=1)

Ian Warren
November 16th, 2010, 18:01
2912 aftershocks and counting. Last one 4.68 @ 6.8km last night.
Paul, that,s me trying to shake a few pennies your way :wavey:
Its looking great Scott and Lewis ! .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">