PDA

View Full Version : I Got My TM Hotas Warthog Today!

Scratch
November 11th, 2010, 17:23
The stick is just plain awesome. The whole kit is built like a battleship and almost as heavy. The throttle has so many stinkin switches I don't quite know where to start. My most complex stick prior to this was my Saitek X45.
Looking at this thing I feel like a caveman sitting in the Space Shuttle. I am very impressed so far.

BOOM
November 12th, 2010, 02:54
You Lucky Dog!!!!!!!!!:jump:Good for You Bud!!!!
Did you order through BLT?

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 03:42
Where did you order it from? I'm going to order it today.

Sedr37
November 12th, 2010, 04:13
Lucky you are!

Scratch
November 12th, 2010, 09:38
I got it from Amazon.

Sundog
November 12th, 2010, 16:12
Please give us an update after you've used it for about a week. I have this on my list as a possible replacement for my X45 as well. Oh, and wtg on getting them, they showed up just in time for the weekend. :)

peter12213
November 12th, 2010, 17:16
I do despirately hate you Scratch mate loool I'm so jealous! :jump::wiggle::salute:

TARPSBird
November 12th, 2010, 19:48
I just checked out the Warthog on the Thrustmaster website.
http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=221
Scratch, I can see why you were overwhelmed by all the switchology. :d

Scratch
November 13th, 2010, 13:16
I just can't get over the solid real feeling of the stick. I've sat in several fighter cockpits at the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola and this stick feels every bit as real as those do.

kilo delta
November 14th, 2010, 05:01
I just can't get over the solid real feeling of the stick. I've sat in several fighter cockpits at the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola and this stick feels every bit as real as those do.

As it should do....the HOTAS Warthog is designed exactly as per the real deal...same weights,same feel in the resistance of the switches...everything! Enjoy it! :)

BOOM
November 14th, 2010, 06:14
As it should do....the HOTAS Warthog is designed exactly as per the real deal...same weights,same feel in the resistance of the switches...everything! Enjoy it! :)

........And almost same $/Price/$ as The Real Deal also!!!:icon_lol:

Scratch
November 14th, 2010, 13:53
........And almost same $/Price/$ as The Real Deal also!!!:icon_lol:

Yeah, it's not cheap, but after years of having joysticks only lasting a few years before breaking I made the decision to start getting flightsim gear that will last. This is a hobby that I get a great deal of joy from and it keeps me at home, which my wife likes, and after years of just settling for the mediocre I'm getting serious about my hobby. It costs much less than many other hobbies when you compare it to others.

As for my other hobbies, anybody know where I can get my hands of a good English yew longbow?:unitedkingdom:

WAD3
November 14th, 2010, 14:19
I have the TM HOTAS cougar and think its great but I use my X52 more because of the twist rudder. My rudder pedals got cooked and I never replaced them so the cougar sits and collects dust. It's a shame but they do make great flight sticks.
Enjoy your Hotas Warthog.

Akatsuki
November 19th, 2010, 17:37
I received mine today!
I have a HOTAS Cougar but this one is better in every aspect. If you have the cash for it and fly DCS A-10C it really is a must have.:jump: