PDA

View Full Version : Five Really Fast i7Core 1366 motherboards and two budget board favorites

txnetcop
November 11th, 2010, 05:57
But it will cost ya a pretty penny...

Intel Extreme Series BLKDX58SO LGA 1366 Intel X58-$2500 I'm serious!!! Still in testing at TechCorp but available online.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 - $600.00 I'm serious but this thing is seriously FAST!!!! Not for noobs when it comes to installs! up to 4 video cards in SLI at 16 full lanes each-incredible bandwidth. The fastest i7Core board you can buy under $1000.00. Every OC feature you can think of and clocked on 4.4GHz with the 980X CPU

EVGA 141-GT-E770-A1-$400 SLI or CROSSFIRE This motherboard is worth every penny as well!

ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 $364.00 Overclocker's Delight when it comes to easy OC

MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130289) $269.00 Tons of features but a little difficult to set up for OCing in the BIOS but worth the trouble

My personal favorite budget boards are TUF Board series ASUS X58 Sabretooth $199.00, while not as fast as these when it come to OC performance it is the toughest motherboard you will ever use. My other favorite is the Gigabyte X58 UD3R $199.00 very user friendly and fast!

Any of the above motherboards are well worth the money...except for number 1. So if you are thinking of putting a system together or buying a custom insist on one of these motherboards according to your budget!
Ted

A word of warning about ratings at TigerDirect and NewEgg...don't think because a board has a low rating it is no good. Most of the so called "expert" technicians who give ratings are absolute idiots and end up RMAing a good board because they did not read the manual about memory placement or other significant issues that require just a little extra reading-Always look at other reviews on a specific board before you buy unless it comes highly recommended here-and even then read at least two reviews.

stansdds
November 12th, 2010, 07:47
You got it right about the user ratings on computer components. My Gigabyte board got some pretty bad ratings, lots of failures. The truth was that most of those failures were due to the gross over volting of RAM in the pursuit of extreme overclocking. The end result was a poor rating.

AndyE1976
November 12th, 2010, 10:26
Newegg says that the Intel board has a maximum of 8gb, Intel says 16gb, I've seen plenty of boards that will take 24gb. Plus it apparently doesn't have SATA 6gb/s ports.

What makes it worth $2500?