PDA

View Full Version : FS scene and GEX

rewasiuk
November 10th, 2010, 07:35
Just wondering what everybody thinks about FS scene and GEX. Can they be used together, which is better, or are they redundant.

Meshman
November 10th, 2010, 13:14
They wold be duplicating products. Both are replacement ground texture sets. I believe FScene offers more coverage areas, but I'm not sure but that there are a lot of reworked FS9 textures in the package. Emphasis on "not sure". All the GEX packages are made for FSX and modified for the specific region. A lot of the textures used in FSX are generic in nature or used globally, but it's the specific regional textures that can make or break a product.

I have GEX North America installed. Other than the dirt textures being appropriated, it's OK.

paulb
November 11th, 2010, 09:30
I use GEX, UTX and FEX. The difference from the 'standard' FSX look is huge! Although expensive - I spent about £100 for the three - they are great value compared with what you can pay for a single airport or aircraft. As I fly a lot in the UK, I also bought the three UK 2000 airport packages from Horizon/playsim.

Re GEX, it works seamlessly with UTX and the two products complement each other well.

Pepere
November 11th, 2010, 10:31
I purchased FS scene. I uninstalled it. Made FSX look like FS9. I have GEX - Norht America Much better.

David

gera
November 11th, 2010, 11:28
Is there a way to roll back or completely eliminate FScene????

Meshman
November 11th, 2010, 14:36
Is there a way to roll back or completely eliminate FScene????

If it made a copy of the default textures during it's installation process, copy and paste those over the FScene files. If it did not make a copy of the default files...er?

Pepere
November 11th, 2010, 14:43
I believe I had made a backup copy myself. It's been a while since I had install/uninstalled it. I do remember I had paid around $70.00 for the world wide set and I sure was upset at the results.

David

paulb
November 11th, 2010, 20:56
If it made a copy of the default textures during it's installation process, copy and paste those over the FScene files. If it did not make a copy of the default files...er?

Agreed. If you dont have a backup of the default textures on your HD, then the only option will be to reinstall FSX. With GEX you are given the option to make a backup copy of your original textures when you install it.