PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Missile Launch off Californina Coast

kilo delta
November 10th, 2010, 01:31
One expert in America believes he has solved the mystery of the unknown missile fired off the Californian coast on Monday - it was an optical illusion.

A missile fired off the southern Californian coast has been caught on camera but even the Pentagon has not been able to confirm what it was.
The spectacular footage was taken by a news helicopter and the missile's trail could be seen from Los Angeles.
The launch took place around 5pm (local time) on Monday and the location was described as west of LA, north of Catalina Island, and about 35 miles out to sea.
"Nobody within the Department of Defence that we've reached out to has been able to explain what this trail is, where it came from," Pentagon spokesman Colonel Dave Lapan said.
Col Lapan said all indications are that the defence department was not involved and the missile's trail might have been created by an object flown by a private company.
He added: "At this point the operative term is unexplained."
The North American Aerospace Defence Command (Norad) and the US Northern Command (Northcom) said the trail was not the result of a foreign military launching a missile.

They said: "We can confirm that there is no threat to our nation."
A US Navy spokesperson said it was not their missile, adding there was no navy activity reported in that part of the region.
Missile tests are common off southern California. Launches are conducted from vessels and platforms on an ocean range west of Point Mugu.
Military officials are examining the possibility it was a "commercial launch of some kind", or that amateurs had built a device capable of creating such a plume.
Last Friday, Vandenberg Air Force Base in California launched a Delta II rocket, carrying the Thales Alenia Space-Italia Cosmo SkyMed satellite.
But a sergeant at the base said there have been no launches since then.

Robert Ellsworth, former US ambassador to Nato and an ex-deputy secretary of defence, said: "It's spectacular… It takes people's breath away."
He called the projectile "a big missile" but said it did not appear to be a Tomahawk.
Mr Ellsworth said it might have been a missile test timed as a demonstration of American military might as President Obama tours Asia.
"It could be a test-firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a submarine… to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that," he speculated.
Mr Ellsworth said such tests were carried out in the Atlantic to demonstrate America's power to the Soviets, when there was a Soviet Union.
But he does not believe an ICBM has previously been tested by the US over the Pacific.

Video in link...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Mysterious-Missile-Fired-Off-California-And-Caught-On-Camera/Article/201011215798280?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15798280_Mysterious_Missile_Fired_Off_ California_And_Caught_On_Camera

Looks like a rocket/missile launch to me

Bushpounder
November 10th, 2010, 01:57
An optical illusion! LOL! Yeah, right! And all the UFO's were all weather balloons. There was no crash in Roswell, and the government has always told the truth. Someone will come clean.

Don

stansdds
November 10th, 2010, 02:09
Swamp gas trapped inside a weather balloon refracted the light from Venus, that's all it was.

Aviator32
November 10th, 2010, 02:27
It was Schwarzenegger going back to the Mothership

norab
November 10th, 2010, 03:05
It's the ever popular "flare"

paiken
November 10th, 2010, 05:18
Obviously the neuralizer needs adjustment.

kilo delta
November 10th, 2010, 06:44
Just to add a little balance to the opening thread...

http://uncinus.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/4/

:)

Ferry_vO
November 10th, 2010, 07:05
Obviously the neuralizer needs adjustment.

"You did not see a rocket launch. It was an aircraft's contrail in the sunlight, creating some weird optical illusion."

*flash*

OleBoy
November 10th, 2010, 07:29
Optical illusion, contrail, weather balloon my a**. Maybe a left over bottle rocket from the 4th? :monkies:
...You can clearly see it's not no illusion. Hard to cover up the thrust glow of expended fuel as it breaks the thermal layers

Daveroo
November 10th, 2010, 07:56
when i saw this on the news last night,i said to my dad...bet its a jet contrail...and imma hold to that...he just grunted....

b52bob
November 10th, 2010, 11:14
If it's a contrail, then the plane must be on fire. I don't think it's a reflection.
or.....
It could be one of those contrails that don't disburse (see Jim Marrs books)

Bone
November 10th, 2010, 13:13
I've just read three different stories on this contrail. Alot of military brass and governmental bigwhigs have wasted time on trying to figure out who/what made the contrail. It's a contrail, who cares.

Brett_Henderson
November 10th, 2010, 17:25
An airplane capable of making a contrail, at the altitude needed; would have to have a filed flight plan. They'd have no problem discerning which one it was. If it had no flight-plan, they'd have been tracking it. You cannot just buzz around in jets, in class 'A' airspace. You can't even clip the corner of towered airspace in a little Cessna without causing a stir.

And how could it be the only contrail that pronounced; in airspace that crowded with big jets ?

I'm betting on a missile.

TomSteber
November 10th, 2010, 19:34
Well of course their all saying it was a plane now and just was seen from a strange angle.
I don't know. The original video I saw from the CBS news feed showed the "thing" flying away but it sure looked like the business end of a rocket burning. I mean it was bright! I've never seen an afterburner that bright. I think their story is a crock of _ _ _ _!
If it wasn't ours, the last thing their gonna tell us is that someone else launched a missle!
It's an airplane, it's an airplane... now make the story go away!
Not so fast.

N2056
November 10th, 2010, 20:12
I've seen a lot of trails left by real missile launches out of Vandenberg. I've also seen a lot of contrails from high altitude aircraft.

Pretty funny to see so much hype over a planeload of people headed east at sunset :icon_lol:

OBIO
November 10th, 2010, 20:31
Ain't it pretty close to water fowl hunting season out west? Haven't you folks ever seen the end result of a Mallard Duck getting blasted with one of the new spent uranium 10 gauge magnum loads? That is all it was...a well equipped duck hunter filling his daily bag limit.

Nothing to see here folks..move along.

OBIO

Allen
November 10th, 2010, 20:41
Nothing to see here folks..move along.

I see that the black choppers have been to your house lately....

Brett_Henderson
November 11th, 2010, 02:11
I've seen a lot of trails left by real missile launches out of Vandenberg. I've also seen a lot of contrails from high altitude aircraft.

Pretty funny to see so much hype over a planeload of people headed east at sunset :icon_lol:

Like I said.. if it were a passenger jet, it would have been on a filed flight-plan.. take no time at all to match it... and if conditions were such, to produce contrails like that.. the skies of SoCal would have been full of them.

stansdds
November 11th, 2010, 02:19
The official word from the DoD is that it was a jet contrail, nothing more, case closed, return the mall and continue your shopping.

Bone
November 11th, 2010, 06:13
I'm watching CNN right now...two days after this event was caught on video...and they're still covering it. They just had a phone interview with an MIT Professor who was doing his own investigation, and the FAA has been reviewing radar tapes.

The knee jerk conspiracy theorist public who demands to know, is wagging the tail of the government dog to nail this down.

Terry
November 11th, 2010, 09:02
I'm sure the military knows exactly what it was. For some reason they won't come clean and thats what causes all the conspiracy theories. It's always been that way and always will be.

Panther_99FS
November 11th, 2010, 09:27
The knee jerk conspiracy theorist public who demands to know, is

You mean Roswell? :bump:

huub vink
November 11th, 2010, 09:48
It was just somebody smoking a cigar, under specific weather conditions with a specific humidity and within a small range of temperatures, seen from an unusual angle, which the sun in a certain angle above the horizon and the moon aligned with Mars and Jupiter at the same time....

Nothing special, it happens quite often, nearly as often as somebody pushes a wrong button.....

Cheers,
Huub

Roadburner440
November 11th, 2010, 11:50
It was a weather balloon. Move along people. :running:

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww24/abyssimus/USAFidchart.jpg

Bone
November 11th, 2010, 13:09
LOL, Steve. That's a hoot.

Kiwikat
November 11th, 2010, 13:41
Since this happened, my photo of a contrail at sunset has accumulated over 100 views... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4436246951_c113032056_o.jpg

People are weird! :wiggle:

I think its an airplane.

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 03:59
Watching CNN HLN at 0756 Eastern Time in the US on November 12th. They're STILL covering the contrail. But, they've handed it off to humorist Jeannie Most, and she's mocking the whole thing. She's quite funny...I love her.

stansdds
November 12th, 2010, 08:09
Maybe the government isn't coming clean about this so as to distract attention from unemployment and the economy? Yeah, it's an airplane, but if everyone is focused on one video, they ain't looking at anything else.

Just as plausible as any other theory.

Speaking of theories, check out this one. I dare you to watch the whole thing.

dKx4MeBybkc

n4gix
November 12th, 2010, 08:41
What a surprise! They've noticed the same "contrail" yesterday at approximately the same time and position...

...just as the same flight was taking place... :ernae:

Rattler
November 12th, 2010, 08:59
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/suppression.html?q=suppression.html found this site .

Check it out and see what you think..

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 10:28
Maybe the government isn't coming clean about this so as to distract attention from unemployment and the economy? Yeah, it's an airplane, but if everyone is focused on one video, they ain't looking at anything else.

Just as plausible as any other theory.

Speaking of theories, check out this one. I dare you to watch the whole thing.

dKx4MeBybkc

OMG, that woman is a freak. The "Palladians"?

"Uh uh uh, and and and, um um, I'm telepathic, and and and and uhhhhh the Palladians worked on my body...."

What if someone is MARRIED to her? Oh my, I shudder at the thought.

kilo delta
November 12th, 2010, 11:27
OMG, that woman is a freak. The "Palladians"?

"Uh uh uh, and and and, um um, I'm telepathic, and and and and uhhhhh the Palladians worked on my body...."

What if someone is MARRIED to her? Oh my, I shudder at the thought.

LMAO! It's the peroxide,Bone...it gradually seeps into the the brain and screws up the "common sense" gland.

Bone
November 12th, 2010, 11:41
LMAO! It's the peroxide,Bone...it gradually seeps into the the brain and screws up the "common sense" gland.

Haha. Well, in that case, she needs to back off from the chemicals...mixing crack and peroxide is no good!

Roadburner440
November 12th, 2010, 16:30
All I can say is wow... And people say Glenn Beck is crazy. Watch the rest of the videos this lady has on You Tube. She is flippin nuts!

TARPSBird
November 12th, 2010, 19:31
Well, she's not a bad looking lady. Imagine some guy trying to pick her up in a bar and the conversation goes to the Pleiadians and reptilians etc. Whoa, time to move down a couple stools. :d

luckydog
November 12th, 2010, 20:21
[QUOTE=TARPSBird;506729]Well, she's not a bad looking lady.

You got that right........."Pleiades", sometimes called the "Seven Sistors", is a pretty little constellation near "Taurus". In Japanese its called "Subaru".

I think I'll tear the emblem off of my Outback, put it on a cheap gold chain around my neck and see what happens...............

jmig
November 13th, 2010, 05:27
She CAN'T really believe that nonsense? Surely she and her husband laugh at night when they see all the hits and the fools who agree with them? Look around that house. That woman has money. Somebody is intelligent enough to make a good living.

Roadburner440
November 13th, 2010, 07:32
Those are the people who usually seem to be missing a few screws upstairs in my experience. If you search the Pliadian (I have no clue how to spell it) on Google it is actually some for real thing. I figured she made it up, but after searching there are groups of people that actually believe this junk.

arl
November 13th, 2010, 08:15
Well, it's pretty simple really - a bunch of years ago Her Brittanic Majesty's Government bought a few sub loads of crappy rockets from you guys for zillions of bucks and now they are coming up to the sell-by date we have to get rid of them............

The original plan had been to retake the colonies, seeing as how some nutters are holding tea parties again without paying 300 years of back tax, but the rubbish guidance systems you sold us sent the rocket in the wrong direction. Besides seeing that scary Peroxide bint makes the whole plan rather less appealing. Just keep her sedated or at least that side of the pond.

Toodle Pip Chaps.

jmig
November 13th, 2010, 09:22
Well, it's pretty simple really - a bunch of years ago Her Brittanic Majesty's Government bought a few sub loads of crappy rockets from you guys for zillions of bucks and now they are coming up to the sell-by date we have to get rid of them............

The original plan had been to retake the colonies, seeing as how some nutters are holding tea parties again without paying 300 years of back tax, but the rubbish guidance systems you sold us sent the rocket in the wrong direction. Besides seeing that scary Peroxide bint makes the whole plan rather less appealing. Just keep her sedated or at least that side of the pond.

Toodle Pip Chaps.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

stansdds
November 13th, 2010, 10:39

Toodle Pip Chaps.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

RL_201
November 13th, 2010, 12:08
In my opinion, the contrail was created by one so called "Genius". :mixedsmi:

it seems "ACME" don't build rockets like they use to, budget cost I guess :173go1:

kilo delta
November 13th, 2010, 12:16
NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.

Media representatives may attend the conference, join by phone or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Trent Perrotto at: trent.j.perrotto@nasa.gov by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 15. Reporters wishing to attend the conference in-person must have a valid press credential for access. Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.

Scientists involved in the research will be available to answer questions. Panelists providing analysis of the research include:
- Jon Morse, director, Astrophysics Division, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Kimberly Weaver, astrophysicist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- Alex Filippenko, astrophysicist, University of California, Berkeley

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-157_Chandra_Update.html

ThE PaLLadiAns ArE COmiNg!!!!!

:d

Bushpounder
November 14th, 2010, 03:33
In my opinion, the contrail was created by one so called "Genius". :mixedsmi:

it seems "ACME" don't build rockets like they use to, budget cost I guess :173go1:

I KNEW it was that damned coyote!!!!!!

Don :)