PDA

View Full Version : tubeliner purchase suggestions

James
November 7th, 2010, 17:20
Hey all, I am thinking of putting my allowance into some tubeliners, particularly some Overland Boeing's...do they come with a paint kit? I would like to make a custom livery for them, one that's been bothering me for some time now:

http://www.geminijets.com/pics/GJUSF276.jpg

Overall, what kind of product is it?

AndyE1976
November 7th, 2010, 18:43
Never heard of them for fsx. Quick google just showed an fs2004 add-on.

Looks good for fs2004, but not sure of their compatibility with fsx. You do seem to get a good selection of aircraft in the package though.

I have the pmdg 747 and captain sim 757, but I don't tend to fly airliners that often. The pmdg 747 is expensive, but is probably the most comprehensive version of that aircraft you'll find and it can be flown without spending an hour setting the fmc, but you'll get the most out of it if you use all the systems.

As tubliners are about systems management for me, so I like the systems to work.

James
November 7th, 2010, 19:00
Friend of mine uses the CS 757, but I can't, as my laptop just ain't that powerful...it drops me down from 21 to 10 fps...there are many repaints over at flightsim and avsim for them, so I assume that they're in FSX as well. I will check the website again in the morning.

AndyE1976
November 8th, 2010, 08:03
If you're running on a laptop you might want to check out the Just Flight F-Lite range - the lower systems modelling might be what you need to get decent FPS.

The Overland planes look to be at a similar level though, and some of the screen shots did look nice.

Bjoern
November 8th, 2010, 12:33
Tom Ruth's freeware Airbuses might be a good starting point for any foray into the jetset world.

But if you really want to spend money, why not for the Sky Simulations DC-9 or CLS MD-82?