PDA

View Full Version : Praise da chikin!

Cazzie
November 7th, 2010, 15:00
Go Denny Hamlin :jump::jump::jump:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/index.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/2001_animado.gif

EasyEd
November 7th, 2010, 15:41
Hey All,

You may have it this year Caz! We'll see.

Like I said last week Texas is a Toyota Horsepower track and the 48 pit crew has been hurting them - that's why the 24 crew had to step in. I'm not surprised at all at a Hamlin win - since he won the spring race. Just bad luck for Jimmie to be behind the 16 who had no second gear couldn't get going and so cars freight-trained by him on the inside on that last restart - including Harvick. Plus the 48 wasn't good on the short go and did not go for tires. Hendrick Chevy has a weak engine compared to Childress and Toyota and now I think the Ford FR9 engine as well. Hendrick has a lot of work to do to catch up. I been saying the 48 is the underdog - I stand by that. I saw the tide changing when the wing came off and the spoiler went back on - the 48 team had the wing mastered. I just didn't see the 48 adapt to the spoiler very fast - they just seemed to fall back into the pack while Toyota engine power took off and now the Fords as well. I just don't think that Hendrick equipment is the best in the game now and it is catching up with them - the Jimmie/Chad combo may not be enough. That said they've rewritten the history book and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Pretty funny watching Kyle give the NASCAR official the bird and then claim on the radio he was just exercising free speech!

Jeff Gordon - Wow could he take Burton? You don't expect that from them - especially Burton deliberately putting Gordon into the wall under caution! Burton claimed he couldn't get off the 24 - Yeah right! I saw no brake smoke off the 31 showing he was trying as it was under caution! He mean't to put Gordon into the wall no matter what he says. Like you never expected Carl to be a dirty driver you probably dodn't expect Burton to be a dirty driver either - but he is.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2010, 16:02
Hey All,

Like I said last week Texas is a Toyota Horsepower track -Ed-

Hey EasyEd,
You want some cheese also ? - You're sounding a lot worse than a broken record with this week after week.... :bump:

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2010, 16:04
That being said....I wonder what happened to the #48 pit crew? Kudos to car owner Jeff Gordon though for helping out...:wiggle:

EasyEd
November 7th, 2010, 16:44
Hey All,

Hey EasyEd,
You want some cheese also ? - You're sounding a lot worse than a broken record with this week after week.... :bump:
Yes please - Tillamook sharp Cheddar - best cheese on earth! :bump:

I point this out week after week because it is so. If you watch NASCAR the drive off turns 2 and 4 on most tracks is critical. That drive off is a function of two things - a good handling car that lets you get back to the throttle early and horsepower. Watch the Toyotas off turns 2 and 4 on most tracks as I have all this year. The adjustibility of the chassis and the horsepower are both there. Even more telling is the ability of Reutimann to get that Toyota up front so often - a generally second tier team with a first rate car.

It takes hard work to stay ahead of the curve - last year NO Childress cars were in the chase - this year all three are as they were two years ago. This shows that teams need to be hungry or they "slide" a bit. Hendrick has "slid" this year - seen anything great from Martin?, Jr? Gordon? no only the 48 and separate teams the 14 (Stewart) and sometimes the 39 (Newman) both of whom run Hendrick engines. Hopefully this year "motivates" them. The 48 team will be motivated - I just hope the "shop" is.

Unless Hendrick steps it up for next year - I predict right now a Ford driver winning the Cup next year although it'll be close with Toyota. The FR9 is that strong! I don't think they've got all the performance outta that engine yet. I wish it would be the Woods Brothers 21 with Trevor Baine at the wheel but that is pretty unlikely.

Better yet I wish Dodge would support some more teams and/or that my favorite far east manufacturer (Nissan) would join NASCAR.

All this said the year isn't over yet - there are still 2 to go. Don't count the 48 out yet.

-Ed-

An edit: The 48 crew got sent to the bench to think about their poor performance. Look through my past posts - they been costing Jimmie spots for months. Whether they step it up remains to be seen.

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2010, 16:54
Then why not state that Kurt Busch in the DODGE is an even bigger underdog than Jimmie & Chevrolet? ;)

EasyEd
November 7th, 2010, 17:17
Hey All,

Then why not state that Kurt Busch in the DODGE is an even bigger underdog than Jimmie & Chevrolet? ;)
I've never disagreed with this! Only one Dodge team with only 2 cars - their chances of winning a Championship are pretty small - still they did it in the Nationwide series. Of the two drivers Roger has I think Brad has a mentality more likely to win a Cup than Kurt even though Kurt is the better performing team right now.

At the end of the day - this year - Caz's driver Denny has the focus and has figured out how to win a championship. Now they just have to see if they can "seal the deal". It ain't over but it's in their hands now.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2010, 17:19
Personally,
I think it would be fitting for Dodge to jump in and save RPM...

EasyEd
November 7th, 2010, 18:57
Hey All,

Even though RPM and Dodge go together like Ham an Eggs I think Dodge just won't go there although the stronger showing this year by RPM with Ford is encouraging. I just just don't think Dodge will go there even though Richard an Dale have earned it. Sad but reality. That aside RPM will be fine for awhile - Richard's name will see to that at least until old fogies like most of us on this site are gone.

-Ed-

NASCAR quiz question of the day - who is the Dale I refer to and what has he done to merit mention in the same breath as Richard? Tell the truth did you google?

Cazzie
November 8th, 2010, 02:56
NASCAR quiz question of the day - who is the Dale I refer to and what has he done to merit mention in the same breath as Richard? Tell the truth did you google?

The man who truly has won more championships than anyone in NASCAR: Dale Inman.

And I don't have to Google this Ed, this is my bread and molasses, served in my brier patch. :icon_lol:

Terry
November 8th, 2010, 05:37
This was an enjoyable weekend of racing to watch.

You have Kyle Saturday whining that Carl jumped the restart, (got beat at his own game of jumping the start and brake checking). Then Sunday speeds off pit road, comes back in and flips an official the bird.

Pit crew replaced during a race, never saw that before!

Gordon on the attack. He's lucky it wasn't Ward Burton who would have kicked his butt!

Can't wait to see what happens in Avondale next weekend!

Cazzie
November 8th, 2010, 09:39
This was an enjoyable weekend of racing to watch.

You have Kyle Saturday whining that Carl jumped the restart, (got beat at his own game of jumping the start and brake checking). Then Sunday speeds off pit road, comes back in and flips an official the bird.

Pit crew replaced during a race, never saw that before!

Gordon on the attack. He's lucky it wasn't Ward Burton who would have kicked his butt!

Can't wait to see what happens in Avondale next weekend!

Are you going Terry?

Yeah, Kyle flipping the bird was classic, free speech indeed. :>)

Ol' Wawd is pretty laid back too Terry, more so then Jeff. I think Jeff Gordon is at the end of his game, he has really been short tempered this year. Burton admitted fault, not a lot of those egotistical pricks would not have.

Caz

Terry
November 8th, 2010, 10:01
Are you going Terry?

Yeah, Kyle flipping the bird was classic, free speech indeed. :>)

Ol' Wawd is pretty laid back too Terry, more so then Jeff. I think Jeff Gordon is at the end of his game, he has really been short tempered this year. Burton admitted fault, not a lot of those egotistical pricks would not have.

Caz

I'm retired and can't afford to go. But I have found that I prefer it on TV anyway. No sore hind end from the bleachers, no headache from the constant engine drone, no big hit in the wallet, no temper tantrum from the traffic, easier to follow the race. But I like NHRA events much better at the track, go figure! Must be the smell of nitro and the rattling of your guts when they leave the line.

I saw Ward blow his stack years ago, you gotta watch those quiet guys they bottle it up then it all comes out at once.

Yes Gordon is fading, he just doesn't know it yet or won't admit it to himself. I hope he doesn't hang on like DW or king Richard and embarrass himself.

wombat666
November 10th, 2010, 05:33
Who were the idiots having a fist fight???
I missed the full story on the Late Sports News but there were to absolute Knuckle-draggers doing a great job on promoting NASCAR!!
Not!
:173go1: