PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Brad, Roger and Dodge

EasyEd
November 6th, 2010, 20:07
Hey All,

GREAT JOB Brad Keselowski! Brad clinched the Nationwide Championship tonight with his 3rd place finish at Texas. As great as it is for Brad it's even better that finally after 38 years of fielding NASCAR teams Roger Penske - the Captain - has his first ever Championship in a NASCAR series! It's a lot tougher in NASCAR than in open wheel isn't it Roger. And to top it all off they did it in a Dodge!

-Ed-

An edit: From NASCARdotcom "At the end of the day, when you think about being in the Winner's Circle at Indy and winning that championship, this is right up there with it," Penske said as his No. 22 team posed for photos with a Nationwide trophy that won't be awarded officially until Homestead-Miami Speedway. "... We've been in NASCAR a long, long time, and to win a championship, it's tough. I've sat in New York so any times and seen Hendrick and those boys sit up on the stage. I guess this is the first step. To me, it's like winning the first Indy 500, I'd have to say." One day perhaps a Ganassi driver will win a title in a NASCAR series too.