PDA

View Full Version : Hey jmig - I'm pulling for "your" Tigers today

rayrey10
November 6th, 2010, 06:46
Mike the Tiger needs whoop up on Big Al today. That way Alabama has 2 losses and get basically eliminated from the SEC championship, and the BCS.

Geaux Tigers!!!!

...wait, what?

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jmig
November 6th, 2010, 16:46
You got your wish! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Les Miles has just kept his job. No way LSU will let him go now.

rayrey10
November 6th, 2010, 17:10
Awesome! I didn't get a chance to watch the game but it looks like it was a close one. Auburn just have Georgia and Alabama left...we should win both...then it's off to the SEC championship and hopefully the Fiesta Bowl!

jmig
November 7th, 2010, 12:39
In all fairness and complete disclosure, I have to tell you I will be pulling for Georgia and Alabama in those games. Although, I think you will win them, especially Georgia. The Alabama-Auburn game is always a coin toss.

If you make it to the SEC championship, we are together once a gain. http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/sport10.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com/facebook-smileys.html)
(http://www.trailershut.com/movie-trailers/96-transformers-3-trailer.html)

rayrey10
November 7th, 2010, 13:38
:frown: a little hurt and a little disappointed but I understand.

I must admit I never pull for your team either...well except on Saturday I did.

The Iron Bowl can be a coin toss, but the home team definite has the advantage.

Meshman
November 7th, 2010, 15:45
...then it's off to the SEC championship and hopefully the Fiesta Bowl!

Well, the Fiesta Bowl would be a nice trip. Most teams aspire to be in the BCS Championship the following week...

I'm rooting for TCU to face Oregon, as you'd have the top offense versus the top defense. But it's not like I'm going to watch, what with all the bowl games being on ESPN and me not having the $$$.

And to really get on your bad side, after you LOSE to Alabama, there's always the Fiesta Bowl as a consolation prize... :bump: Just look out for Boise State. They are pretty good!

EasyEd
November 7th, 2010, 16:07
Hey All,

ROLL TIDE!!!

Have always liked Bama ever since the the days of Bear. Nuff said about that. My Alma mater is Oregon State so I always cheer for the Beavs - especially basketball - Michelle Obama's brother is the basketball coach at Oregon State ya know.

Getting back to football. Since I am a Beavers fan I don't like Ducks so I'm very much of a split mind on Oregon's number 1 status. I like a western Pac 10 school being number 1 and I like that it isn't a California school but it isn't the Beavs. So basically I cheer for Boise State to win the National title. They won't due to bias but still... I'd love to see any of the eastern or midwest teams or Oregon try to beat BSU on "The Blue"... Go Broncos!

As an aside I am also a graduate of Humboldt State University who has the distinction of losing to Boise State in the very first game played on "the Blue" 74 to zip! Biggest margin of victory in NCAA Div 1 history. Bummer but I got over it! :bump:

-Ed-

jmig
November 7th, 2010, 16:08
Well, the Fiesta Bowl would be a nice trip. Most teams aspire to be in the BCS Championship the following week...

I'm rooting for TCU to face Oregon, as you'd have the top offense versus the top defense. But it's not like I'm going to watch, what with all the bowl games being on ESPN and me not having the $$$.

And to really get on your bad side, after you LOSE to Alabama, there's always the Fiesta Bowl as a consolation prize... :bump: Just look out for Boise State. They are pretty good!

This could get worst than comparing wives. :) However, the fact of the matter is that in every single BCS game the SEC team has won the championship. In six out of eleven times an SEC team was in the bowl. Every single time the SEC team has won.

Boise State, Oregon, TCU are all good teams. They just don't play the competition the SEC teams play. Look what happened to Hawaii a couple years ago. They went undefeated and where the darlings of the media, Then they played Georgia (the number two team in the SEC that year) in the Sugar Bowl and got embarrassed.

Generally speaking the team that survives the SEC is the strongest team in the nation.

jmig
November 7th, 2010, 17:11
Ed, I have a son who went to Humboldt State for a semester as an exchange student. He was supposed to be there for a year. But Katrina hit a month later and he suddenly was a refugee. He was on exchange from University of New Orleans.

Then University of Orleans in France invited him there as a refugee for free (airfare included). So, it was good bye Humboldt State, Hellooo France.

Meshman
November 7th, 2010, 20:22
Generally speaking the team that survives the SEC is the strongest team in the nation.

Did you hear that X-Plane has better flight characteristics than FSX or FS9, due to blade technology? That's what "they" keep repeating, so it must be true! Excuse me, I need another glass of kool-aid...:bump:

And this year it looks like Auburn will have to defeat some powerhouse from the East Division. You know, the powerhouse with three or four losses..

(I removed my trash talk aimed at Auburn fans of America) :ernae:

I just believe Nick Saban is still going to have some tricks up his sleeve when the Iron Bowl is played.

The years I drove trucks down through the south I loved Saturdays and seeing all the fans heading to a game "somewhere", little window flags fluttering in the air! I always imagined what fun it would be to watch a game in Baton Rouge or Tallahassee on a Saturday night.

And if I had a son getting ready to play college football, a program with a coach like "The Hat" would have a good shot at getting my recommendation.

Beware the Quack Attack!! It's already squashed my team like a little bug...

jmig
November 8th, 2010, 03:11
Did you hear that X-Plane has better flight characteristics than FSX or FS9, due to blade technology? That's what "they" keep repeating, so it must be true! Excuse me, I need another glass of kool-aid...:bump:
You mean it isn't better? :isadizzy:

And this year it looks like Auburn will have to defeat some powerhouse from the East Division. You know, the powerhouse with three or four losses..

(I removed my trash talk aimed at Auburn fans of America) :ernae:

I just believe Nick Saban is still going to have some tricks up his sleeve when the Iron Bowl is played.

That just goes to show how tough the SEC is. We beat up on each other all the time. Remember LSU won the BCS Championship after losing two games.Losing to a couple of SEC teams, that is :d

As for Rayrey, he is a great guy. He is just an Auburn fan. No one is perfect. :) Be nice. We will have to live with his head when Auburn wins the BCS this year. So be nice. :ernae:

The years I drove trucks down through the south I loved Saturdays and seeing all the fans heading to a game "somewhere", little window flags fluttering in the air! I always imagined what fun it would be to watch a game in Baton Rouge or Tallahassee on a Saturday night.

And if I had a son getting ready to play college football, a program with a coach like "The Hat" would have a good shot at getting my recommendation.

Beware the Quack Attack!! It's already squashed my team like a little bug...

Bring em on. Tigers (either kind) love Duck!
:ernae: :ernae: :ernae:
Too bad we all can't get together and watch the games....second thought....maybe....awwww heck, "Bar Keep another round :ernae:"

rayrey10
November 10th, 2010, 17:42

Sorry I meant the Tostitos BCS Championship Game, not the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl....I was hungry when I wrote that, and I was thinking about bean dip and Tostitos! :bump:

...Generally speaking the team that survives the SEC is the strongest team in the nation.

Thank You! I have no idea why the press is enamored with Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and the PAC-10. The SEC has the best record in BCS Bowl games, and the best record in BCS championship games. No more need be said.

As for Rayrey, he is a great guy. He is just an Auburn fan. No one is perfect. Be nice. We will have to live with his head when Auburn wins the BCS this year. So be nice. ....

Too bad we all can't get together and watch the games....second thought....maybe....awwww heck, "Bar Keep another round "

Thanks again for understanding, John. Make that a :icon29::icon29: double, please!!!!

Meshman
November 10th, 2010, 20:21
Being from the Left Coast, we found out what the price tag is for a Heisman winning running back.

I sure hope the SEC doesn't find out what the price tag is for a Heisman candidate quarterback... :bump: You know the saying..."Where there's smoke, ..."

P.S. Tomorrow I promise to write out "The SEC is King, cause they say so!" 1,000 times! :ernae:

rayrey10
November 11th, 2010, 03:50

I sure hope the SEC doesn't find out what the price tag is for a Heisman candidate quarterback... :bump: You know the saying..."Where there's smoke, ..." ...

Yeah I hope he's cleared of that but you are correct, this stuff isn't normally just a "high school rumor". I just hate the timing of the situation. Why couldn't this stuff come out at the end of the season?