PDA

View Full Version : A2A Development update October 2010

Lewis-A2A
November 5th, 2010, 09:21
Hello cats and dogs and humans too,

Managed to get a nice development update out for you chaps and chapet's. We have been working hard on multiple projects. Wanted to get this out sooner however as time went on we realised that a screenshot or two just wouldnt cut the mustard.

And so I am happy to present to you the A2A Simulations October 2010 update;

A2A Forum thread (http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22663)

Development video

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Madaboutsims/A2A.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwK8sfFKfU&hd=1)

Many thanks,
Lewis and the whole A2A Simulations Team

paulb
November 5th, 2010, 09:48
Excellent video. Really well done! :applause:

empeck
November 5th, 2010, 10:04
:ernae:

hschuit
November 5th, 2010, 10:16
Stunning... :applause::applause::applause:...!! Could not believe my eyes when I saw this machine making it's appearance near the end of the movie:

Aviator32
November 5th, 2010, 10:18
That's a documentary! Should be on the Discovery Channel :applause:

(and all done without the aid of music or cinematic effects - video makers take note - THIS is the kind of video that sells products!)

res non verba
November 5th, 2010, 10:19
great news! :jump: :jump: :jump:

keep the excelent work out there!!!

wiltzei
November 5th, 2010, 10:22
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/513holy_cow_tn.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=513holy_cow.jpg)

jankees
November 5th, 2010, 10:41
Waahoooo!

AndyE1976
November 5th, 2010, 10:47
You guys produce the most amazing stuff, I'm definitely picking up all of those when they're released.

Bob.sc
November 5th, 2010, 10:54
The F-104...now that IS Interesting for sure. F-104C with air refueling probe I hope. The "G" would be acceptable too...IF they can develop the LN3 INS to go with her.

TF-104G...mmmm...that would do it.

huub vink
November 5th, 2010, 11:14
Nice video!

The Spitfire looks nice, however it is a real pity A2A didn't start with the upgrade of the Bf109. On the other hand, it is nice they use the Spitfire and Mustang as test beds so they can produce the perfect model once they will start to upgrade the Bf109.

A question: Will Accusim for the Spitfire be sold in a similar ways as the Accusim package for the B-17? In other owrds should you already have the WWII fighters Spit (upgraded to FSX) and buy the accusim (without the model) as add-on?

Cheers,
Huub

jmig
November 5th, 2010, 11:31
Excellent video. It is good to hear they about the projects. Looking forward to them.

Rezabrya
November 5th, 2010, 11:40
All this looks amazing but I have one question. Why do they keep saying testbeds? Why are they using other planes and saying they are testbeds for other planes? Why dont you just use the P-51 or F-4 to develop the engines instead of the F-104 and Spitfire? Is this just lingo for you guys putting the spitfire and F-104 out too?

stiz
November 5th, 2010, 12:04
All this looks amazing but I have one question. Why do they keep saying testbeds? Why are they using other planes and saying they are testbeds for other planes? Why dont you just use the P-51 or F-4 to develop the engines instead of the F-104 and Spitfire? Is this just lingo for you guys putting the spitfire and F-104 out too?

my guess ... p51 and f4 will sell better than the spit and f-104, so it makes sense to try new things on potentaly lesser selling aircraft in order to see how well it goes down with everyone, rather than doing it on a potential big seller and haveing people say "o dont it get, XYZ has been done and it spoils it", just a theroy :)

at last we've found out why that orlik is takeing so long! :icon_lol:

Naismith
November 5th, 2010, 12:27
Amazed, ney Stunned.

Now omagine if ORBX, A2A and Aerosoft all got together with the FSX engine ...... drool

Tako_Kichi
November 5th, 2010, 12:29
The Spit and F104 have far simpler 'systems' than the P-51 and F-4 therefore it is easier to get Accu-Sim working in those before moving the modules into the more complex aircraft. Don't forget A-S thus far has always been on air cooled engines this is new ground when you consider water cooling and jet propulsion.

Cazzie
November 5th, 2010, 12:32
I'll be glad to do a Blue Angel F-4J! Wow Lewis, youse huys have been busy. Lovely stuff you got in the works, checking wallet. :jump:

Caz

txnetcop
November 5th, 2010, 13:35
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!:jump::jump::jump:
Ted

Kiwikat
November 5th, 2010, 13:44
:jawdrop:

lucas81
November 5th, 2010, 13:52
Awesome video!
Congratulations, Empeck! The Starfighter looks fantastic! :)

Roadburner440
November 5th, 2010, 14:01
Awesome video!!! While I am not a fan of the Spit, or 104 (I said this about the J-3 and it wound up in my hangar) the technology they are developing looks absolutely amazing. I wonder if this means we are going to be able to swap parts back and forth between compatable aircraft.. I cannot wait for the P-51, and really cannot wait for the F-4 Phantom. Will be fun to finally see how Accu-sim is going to react with turbines instead of just piston aircraft. :salute:

OleBoy
November 5th, 2010, 14:06
One of my sons sayings in a way. Accusim Rocks!!:ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
November 5th, 2010, 14:26
wow that Spitfire looks so cool! good work A2A

mikew
November 5th, 2010, 14:41
Great work guys! Looks like plenty of birthday and Christmas presents from me to myself :jump:

Mike

Akatsuki
November 5th, 2010, 15:39
This is the kind of quality aircraft that will bring me back to FSX.:jump:

Rimshot
November 5th, 2010, 15:52
Amazing work guys :ernae: Unbelievable what you have done and are doing to simulate realistic aircraft and engine behaviour. One critical note on my part, which has been discussed here before in a lenghty thread; I miss modern day avionics in the cockpits. This is the reason I've only purchased the Cub so far, because the hand held radio that comes with it seems realistic for real world cubs flying these days. I would like that accusimmed P-51 and Spit as a preserved and/or restored contemporary plane with a modern NAV/COM unit and transponder, not a WWII variant. I would like the Garmin 530 in that B-17, just as it was in the actual aircraft you used in your research. I like simulating flying restored warbirds in the virtual FSX world, which is, as far as I'm concerned with keeping all my Orbx airport addons in mind, a contemporary world.

N2056
November 5th, 2010, 16:04
For me the big news was hearing that Empeck has come aboard as a modeler. Congrats and good luck, Mike! :salute:

AusWilko
November 5th, 2010, 16:14
Happily waiting for the F4, not interested in the others :ernae:

Roadburner440
November 5th, 2010, 16:18
Never heard of their modeler (probably due to my own ignorance), and was not to excited by the announcement. Although that F-104 looks pretty good, and sure he will have a large impact on their team. I cannot wait to see the full depth of what this round of Accu-sim brings with it. I thought the Spitfire, P-51, and F-4 were all that was in the cue.. I was pretty far off base on that, and it looks like we have a lot in store in the coming months.

empeck
November 5th, 2010, 16:21
at last we've found out why that orlik is takeing so long! :icon_lol:

:kilroy:

Awesome video!
Congratulations, Empeck! The Starfighter looks fantastic! :)

For me the big news was hearing that Empeck has come aboard as a modeler. Congrats and good luck, Mike! :salute:

:wavey:

Never heard of their modeler (probably due to my own ignorance), and was not to excited by the announcement. Although that F-104 looks pretty good, and sure he will have a large impact on their team.

It's me. :)

Roadburner440
November 5th, 2010, 16:25
Oh it's you Empeck. It is a small world after all then I suppose. :ernae: I thought that was the modelers real name, and not the handle. Is why I was scratching my head at that one.

muletrain
November 5th, 2010, 17:34
Thanks for sharing. Nice to know what you folks are up to!

Lookin' good...:jump:

anthony31
November 5th, 2010, 20:11
Hello cats and dogs and humans too,

My swamp wallaby feels slighted at this callous snub :(

stansdds
November 6th, 2010, 03:17
I finally got a chance to watch the video and all I can say is "WOW"!

Dag
November 6th, 2010, 04:58
Hi,

Excellent video and excellent news !
Just one question; are there plans for an F-104G or is it just the C-model (and possibly the A) being done?

Thanks

SpaceWeevil
November 6th, 2010, 07:04
Now THAT is how to promote your wares - wonderful! I know my brain won't ever cope with an Accu-Sim F4, which is a shame, but that little Spitfire is sweet. Can't wait for her - I fly the old WOP version , and the Mustang, more than all my other add-ons put together.

BOOM
November 6th, 2010, 08:47
Love the sound of that Merlin V-12 engine!!!! And those gauges in the Spit and P-51,WOW!! Incredible!!
THX for taking the time to make this informative and entertaining vid!! Well done!
Cheers!!!

jetstreamsky
November 6th, 2010, 09:07
I'm all over that Spit, Best Merlin sounds yet, especially like the throttle back hopefully the external flyby matches that quality.

Barfly
November 6th, 2010, 11:54
Awesome, awesome stuff. But I'm still pining for a nice Dora, lol.

tracyq144
November 6th, 2010, 14:20
Enjoyed the update, been quiet for awhile. Never mind timelines, but can you tell us in what order the new planes will released?

Roadburner440
November 6th, 2010, 14:26
This is just my guess.. From the video though it "appears" that the Spitfire is done, and may possibly be in Alpha (or even Beta) testing... The next closest would seem to be the F-104 they showed (but they did not show the VC, or Accu-sim features so may have just been recently ported into the sim?), but that would be my candidate for second.. The P-51 exterior is not textured (but that is somewhat of a simple task), and it will share some of the Spitfire's Accu-sim as they mentioned, so that would be my third guess.. The F-4 (sadly) appears to be last in this line-up as they didn't show anything of it... As far as timelines go anything is possible. The Spitfire looked pretty good to go to me. Especially with those backfire effects. They make it extremely hard to pass over planes. Even ones I don't want :icon_lol:. I always like getting the latest one just to see what all I can break, and what is new. Then I wind up falling in love with it (like the J-3 Cub). Time will tell though, but hopefully the P-51/F-4 are not as far off as I think.

pilottj
November 6th, 2010, 21:08
really looking foward to all of these releases. I hope A2A can apply lessons learned from the Merlin Engine dynamics to the Allison when they eventually get to the P-40 :jump:

Lewis-A2A
November 7th, 2010, 15:16
hey guys,

thanks for all the great feedback on the dev update. Just to answer one question before bed, the Spit is in Beta and has been now for about 2 weeks. Things are progressing well thanks to the beta team (best in business IMO), and its looking like we are going to have quite an aircraft at the end of it :ernae:

ryanbatc
November 7th, 2010, 16:08
So first off, great video!

Secondly, does this mean the Orlik will be payware?

empeck
November 7th, 2010, 23:08
So first off, great video!

Secondly, does this mean the Orlik will be payware?

No. Orlik is my personal project.

dougal
November 7th, 2010, 23:24
I didn't think Rob's Spitfire would EVER have any serious competition.

Guess i'll end up with two Spit hangers eh...?

Stickshaker
November 8th, 2010, 08:36
Lewis, I have bought almost all A2A products now, so I can only be happy with this update. One question: some time ago you released a movie about the take-off preparations of the P-51D. As I understood, it was said that there would be more movies to follow, about flying the plane. Have they been released?

Roadburner440
November 8th, 2010, 13:17
They haven't released any other videos than this so far. I think Scott and team are to busy having fun with their Spitfire while it is testing (as is deserved). I imagine there will probably be an update after the Thanksgiving holiday (I think he is in the US anyway). I imagine the Spit will be our X-mas present from A2A and they will be working hard to get it through testing with a proper shakedown before then. The more I watch the video the more I think I am going to have another Cub moment, and purchase it just to see how different Accu-sim is. Is why I need to stop coming for daily updates. They make good products. Is hard to resist. :ernae:

Whitehawk
November 8th, 2010, 14:25
More like impossible to resist, Accusim is taking FSX into a realm we couldn't even dream of! I will be making room in my hanger for the whole range :jump:

SADT
November 8th, 2010, 20:29

Man, I can believe the awesome work you guys do! I cant wait! My Christmas list just grew longer.....

TeiscoDelRay
November 8th, 2010, 20:54
Looks like I can save my money than. Was hoping for the 104 but just another Spitfire instead.

ryanbatc
November 9th, 2010, 06:34
My Christmas list just grew longer.....

I'll tell you about something else that just grew longer :icon_lol:

SADT
November 9th, 2010, 18:04

:icon_lol: :mixedsmi::kilroy::monkies::bump:

AckAck
November 9th, 2010, 18:59

You mean jaw, I'm assuming.:jawdrop:

Brian

ryanbatc
November 10th, 2010, 15:30
You all have sick minds!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Murray Cod
November 11th, 2010, 03:27
absolutely awesome (he says while wiping drool from his chin)