PDA

View Full Version : Help

rmalone
November 4th, 2010, 05:26
Am just getting my feet wet in fsx and already its driving me more nuts- Anyone have a fix for this(see att) Thanks in advance all help appreciated
RM

expat
November 4th, 2010, 05:31
easy fix - go to the bottom of your panel config.

you will see:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=3750

you need to increase the smaller Y= number to something 5 or 6. Restart the sim and you should be in business.

Jwcfly
November 4th, 2010, 05:48
That looks like the 2D panel.

Try "Shift + 1" or "Shift + 2" to close it.

When you put the cursor over the line between the two, if the cursor changes, left click and drag the window to the bottom of the screen

Sorry, I don't recognize which P-38 it is.

If it is a portover from FS9, you may need to load it after first loading one of the default planes, the Cessna 172 would be a good one. Make sure you are in the 2D cockpit of a default aircraft, then load the P-38.

It may be defaulted to open automatically. If that is the case, it can be changed in the "aircraft.cfg" or panel config. Sorry, it's been awhile but I'm sure it's one of the two.

Good Luck!

James
November 4th, 2010, 06:48
Some of the FS9 planes that I have do that...I just alias the panel to one of the default aircraft, depending on the era.

italoc
November 4th, 2010, 07:30
easy fix - go to the bottom of your panel config.

you will see:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=3750

you need to increase the smaller Y= number to something 5 or 6. Restart the sim and you should be in business.

Infact the value of Y should be 6143
That"s it
Italo

Thoe6969
November 4th, 2010, 09:55
With a framerate of four your probably going to have a lot of irratating things happening.The posts above should get your problem above taken care of.

falcon409
November 4th, 2010, 10:17
Yea, your frame rate, considering you're sitting still on the ground and not yet in the VC could be a harbinger of things to come. What are your system specs? (Type computer, amount of memory, CPU speed and graphics card). Also, for right now, I would set your frames locked at unlimited rather than a particular number as you have. In unlimited you may see more stutters from time to time, but it could also give you a better frame rate.:salute:

rmalone
November 4th, 2010, 10:53
Appreciate it very much-that got it Thanks again
RM