PDA

View Full Version : Airport Design Editor Error - help!

delta_lima
November 3rd, 2010, 15:48
Hello all,

I successfullly installed ADE a month or so back. I since did a complete reinstall of FSX, FSUIPC, and ADE.

Now, ADE won't run. I ran the checker, which only found errors in missing fs9 paths (no longer have FS9, so makes sense).

I get the standard application.exe error seen in the shot below - plus I did a screenshot of what my ADE checker reports.

Can anyone please help me get ADE resuscitated?

thanks!

dl22891

Roger
November 3rd, 2010, 16:11
Why not ask the man himself? Scruffy duck's Old Hangar forum... http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=scene

Dangerousdave26
November 3rd, 2010, 16:38
Scratch that my eyes were crossed. LOL

delta_lima
November 3rd, 2010, 16:45
Scratch that my eyes were crossed. LOL

?

EDIT - title changed - that probably caused confused.

Thanks Roger - posted over there too. This is so weird - worked fine 1st time around ... at this rate, RCNAS Shearwater will take a year to complete ... :(

cheers,

scottmm73
November 4th, 2010, 14:54
?

EDIT - title changed - that probably caused confused.

Thanks Roger - posted over there too. This is so weird - worked fine 1st time around ... at this rate, RCNAS Shearwater will take a year to complete ... :(

cheers,

I see that you reinstalled FSX, however, did you also add the updates for the SDK? Could this be your problem?

You needed the SP1A SDK update: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=24910e66-96b0-4543-9b4a-647b7e28f212

And the SP2 update: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Update.aspx

delta_lima
November 4th, 2010, 16:43
Hello Scott,

Having FSX-Accel, I thought no further update to the SDK was required (as noted in the SP2 link you sent).

Furthermore, in my prior installation of the SDK, I got it working with no update, hence why I'm sceptical about the SDK being the issue. I can uninstall and reinstall ... was hoping to avoid that.

dl

Marvin Carter
November 4th, 2010, 17:00
Delta_lima if you erased all you saved files"ad.bgl." and "BAK.bgl" files in the main ADE file under work you will not be able to edit the CVX files in the program. These are the terrain Polly bgls. It will not recognize them with out the saved work. found out the hard way on that one.Then you get errors in program. Hoped this helps!!!

Meshman
November 4th, 2010, 18:15
Having FSX-Accel, I thought no further update to the SDK was required (as noted in the SP2 link you sent).

You're fine on the SDKs, as the Environment Checker is showing you as being updated.

Everytime ADE is run it writes to a log file. Look in the \FSX folder that is a sub-folder to where you have installed ADE and you should see a file named log_201010.log or log201011.log. Which ever applies to the last time you started ADE, as the last two numbers indicate the month. Zip that file up and attach it to your posting at the ADE support forum; http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95 This will help speed up your getting some solutions.

delta_lima
November 4th, 2010, 20:51
Marvin,

The problem is I cannot launch the application. That message on the left is all I get. Period. I'm not interested in getting a file I worked on - I am just trying to start again from scratch.

Meshman,

I did a search on my entire pc for *.log - nothing that started with log, or even came close. the only log files were related to FSUIPC. What you say makes sense - but when I uninstalled ADE, that record (log file) is gone - so I can't start with that, because from my pc's point of view right now, ADE has never run once.

sigh

I do appreciate the ideas, though ...

dl

ananda
November 4th, 2010, 23:33
Delete settings.ini in both the ADE \FS9 and \FSX folders.

delta_lima
November 5th, 2010, 07:16
Hello ananda,

I've got no such file in either FS9 or FSX folders. Not an expert, but aren't those files that get created once the application launches the first time? Again, it's never been launched since I reinstalled.

I should point out that when I reinstalled ADE, I wanted it to be as clean as possible, meaning

1) I uninstalled using the "remove program" in control panel,
2) Seeing some leftover folders (the whole FS Designs folder was still there even after step 1), I deleted that too.

THEN I reinstalled ADE .... maybe that helps explain what I did, for better or for worse...

dl

delta_lima
November 8th, 2010, 20:32
Just to make sure I did this properly, I again uninstalled and attempted to resinstall the SDK as per the following: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

FSX Acceleration Pack users
To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack:

First install the RTM SDK from FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1, (see FSX RTM users instructions above).
Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD.
Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\
Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB).
Browse to the folder called SDK\
Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).

I have followed the "FSX Acceleration Pack users " process, as that is what I have (FSX Gold, incl the Accel expansion pack)

So, now, once I get to step 6 - I get this ....

The PC is checking for file space - and keeps checking - never gets to actually install the last file - so of course, the SDK is incomplete - and ADE still doesn't run as a consequence.

I ran windows (XP) update - all current, up to SP3. I'm really stuck guys ...

thanks,

dl