PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Campaign Not Working

Easy Flier
November 2nd, 2010, 15:13
Problem getting the Hunters Campaign to work in Win7 again.

It worked before I had to reinstall CFS2. The instructions were followed and have everything where it is supposed to be?, but after loading the campaign and hit the Fly Now tab nothing. The cursor acts like it is loading then everything stops.
I have to reinstall just to get CFS2 to work ....

Running Win7 and this did work before; also running FSX CFS3 FS9 CFS USAF no problems. I must be loading something wrong.

Any suggestions????
Am in contact with the Campaign builder but he is not familiar with Win7, and this is a very nice campaign that I would like to use again

alpha_1
November 2nd, 2010, 22:25
Hi......is this the Fox Four campaign?

Easy Flier
November 3rd, 2010, 03:24
Hi......is this the Fox Four campaign?

Yes, I tried the Bunker Hill Campaign also with the same result...........

alpha_1
November 3rd, 2010, 07:11
I run XP so I don't know if 7 is the problem or not. I also have no real suggestions for you. Have you run the campaigns on Windows 7 before? If you have and you had no problems, then perhaps there's something wrong with your base CFS2 install.

I do know that most CFS2 stuff seems to work for other guys using 7. You mentioned having to reinstall to even get CFS2 to work at all. Could there be something you're forgetting to do with Windows 7 so that the game runs properly?

Sorry I can't offer better advice, but be patient, somebody will have an answer for ya.

Cheers!

Dirtman
November 3rd, 2010, 09:41
Firstly I have very limited experience with Win7 at this time.

The problem also appears to be with Win7 rather than the sim.

I assume you are installing the Fox4 campaigns via the "auto-installers" and I strongly suspect this is the problem.

I also assume you have CFS2 running properly in Win7 if not then this would indicate a CFS2 based problem.

I can offer 2 possible solutions:

1) In Win7; direct the installers to a "dummy folder" and then manually copy all files to your selected CFS2 installation. Before doing this, make sure the clean CFS2 install is functioning properly.

2) If you have another PC running XP or Vista ... Copy the complete OPERATIONAL CFS2/Fox4 install to a DVD or external harddrive and transfer it to the Win7 PC.

Hopefully one or both or these ideas will work for you ... let us know how you make out as this might be a Win7 glitch & you are the first person to have encountered it.

Easy Flier
November 3rd, 2010, 13:57
Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I tried over on my XP machine(Manual install of campaign).
I'm going to try this with Win7 and see how it goes. That is how I do FSX and have no problems.

Thanks
JT

Easy Flier
November 3rd, 2010, 15:17
Well after all that still no go.
When I click the FlyNow tab it tries to load then stops, after the 3 click it came up to a screen with a runway and just sits there.
I think I will give up on this program and go back to FSX.
Thanks

Nole
November 3rd, 2010, 16:46
All of the operating systems have encountered problems with updates to video drivers. You allow auto updates to upgrade your video driver, and CFS2 seizes up. Roll your video driver back to the previous version and the problem disappears. Your problem fits the pattern. Check your video driver version.

Dirtman
November 4th, 2010, 06:53
Well after all that still no go.
When I click the FlyNow tab it tries to load then stops, after the 3 click it came up to a screen with a runway and just sits there.
I think I will give up on this program and go back to FSX.
Thanks

Awwwe Easy ... don't give up yet!

Are you saying the stock (unmodified) copy of CFS2 not functioning properly?

Is your Win7 32 or 64bit?

If 64bit; Are you installing CFS2 into the x86 programs folder?

Easy Flier
November 6th, 2010, 15:47
Awwwe Easy ... don't give up yet!

Are you saying the stock (unmodified) copy of CFS2 not functioning properly?

Is your Win7 32 or 64bit?

If 64bit; Are you installing CFS2 into the x86 programs folder?

The stock install does fine untill I install the new campaign.

64 bit

Installing in the X86

I also rolled driver back no change......

Dirtman
November 6th, 2010, 16:53
The stock install does fine untill I install the new campaign.

64 bit

Installing in the X86

I also rolled driver back no change......

Hhhhmmmmmm

From your XP PC:
Copy the entire "Combat Flight Simulator 2" folder which contains your working Fox4 Korea; to the x86 folder of the Win7 PC.

Open the (just copied) CFS2 folder & double-click the cfs2.exe

The sim should boot & run properly.

Check your PM's right now before doing anything.

If it does not work , then I am at a loss to solve this problem ... someone else who has experience with Win7 will need to help you from here.

or

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=cfs2

bearcat241
November 7th, 2010, 06:24
Could be a problem with the format of the country.cfg...maybe the nationalities aren't correct.