PDA

View Full Version : My dog can't hold his "licker"......

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2010, 14:11
I occasionally go on short trips out of town, and my ex gladly takes care of my Rottweiler, "Chief". I guess you can say we share custody of him!

She has, besides a lot of cats, 4 chickens. Chief had never seen or been around chickens, so it was interesting to see his reaction. Well, as usual, he tried to lick them. The chickens were not too receptive, as you might imagine! In fact, they pecked Chief's tongue, which he didn't like at all!!

Today I was at a local shop, and saw this sign. I had to buy it, as it describes Chief perfectly!!!

I just realized I inadvertently posted this in FSX forum vs Newshawks..... Maybe moderator can move this? Sorry!

NC

paiken
November 2nd, 2010, 14:19
Sounds like my dog! Neutered male miniature dachshund. He has little rubber balls that he plays with all of the time. Once in a while he will lay down and start licking his...well, you know :icon_lol:

Roadburner440
November 2nd, 2010, 14:40
:icon_lol: Good thing Chief is a Rottweiler so I imagine he is tough is nails. I bet it hurt when those chickens pecked his tongue though. Funny sign too. Perfectly describes the situation. Although I think NC maybe you put this thread in the wrong category?

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2010, 14:42
:icon_lol: Good thing Chief is a Rottweiler so I imagine he is tough is nails. I bet it hurt when those chickens pecked his tongue though. Funny sign too. Perfectly describes the situation. Although I think NC maybe you put this thread in the wrong category?

Yep, read the last sentence of my post!

Roadburner440
November 2nd, 2010, 14:50
That is what selective reading will do to ya, I completely missed it.

Dexdoggy
November 2nd, 2010, 17:17
Are you certain your dog wasn't just tasting them first?! :icon_lol:

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2010, 17:25
Are you certain your dog wasn't just tasting them first?! :icon_lol:

Yep, quite certain! He also regularly licks clean my cat's ears!

Roadburner440
November 2nd, 2010, 17:36
Goes to show it is the owner that makes the dog, and not the breed. Is why I get mad when people stereotype these animals. They are good and loyal to their owners.