PDA

View Full Version : AAC_Dam

Johnny
November 24th, 2008, 15:34
~S~ All,

The dam is done except for reising the padlock view. If anyone knows how it is done please let me know.

j

Johnny
November 26th, 2008, 13:08
~S~ All,

Hubbabubba Look what that box grew up to be. The last one shows where the Dam goes.

j

Pratt&Whitney
November 26th, 2008, 15:46
That's nifty :applause:

Skyferret
November 26th, 2008, 16:01
Looks good.

Does this mean we're getting out the Lancaster dam busters:costumes::costumes:

~Sky~

Ivan
November 26th, 2008, 20:05
Hey Johnny,

Check your email.

- Ivan.

hubbabubba
November 26th, 2008, 20:57
Looks great Johnny:applause:

Is one object, or two side-by-side?

Anyway, compared to your previous tiny "beaver dam" you showed me, it looks like a decent target.

Sorry if I have not responded earlier but, these days, my mind is not much into the game. I haven't done much myself, waiting for Ivan's AIR file to finish sounds, VC and DP files according to what he comes up with.

Have a nice thanksgiving all:ernae:.

Johnny
November 27th, 2008, 18:11
The dam you see has a 240' X 71' X 100' gap that is filled with a plug. If you hit the plug it blows up and leaves the hole, as seen in picture three. I just need to try it in Multiplayer. In quick combat they fly into it to blow it up. It should take one bomb TDC in version one or one hit on the dam overflow pipe in version two.

Sky, If you want to practice I can give you a link to the all new Mission, made for the AAC by Ross McLennan. It comes with special Lancasters made by the people of the RAF662 Squadron. I have not installed the new stuff yet. I have been to busy building dams for busting.

Later,

j:isadizzy:

Skyferret
November 28th, 2008, 00:58
Johnny: Sounds good. You can send me the link.

Does this new mission come with the dam you created?

I take it that it's quite simple. Put the mission file in the mission folder.

The tweakabilityness of this game never ceases to amaze me. Speaking of which. I can't remember if we discussed scenery swapping between CFS and FS98. Run CFS but use FS98 scenery. Do you have a copy of FS98?

~Sky~

Ivan
November 28th, 2008, 03:53
Don't forget that the Dambuster Lancasters did not carry nose turrets!

- Ivan.

Johnny
November 28th, 2008, 07:26
~S~ Sky,

In a word NO. The missions have their own plugs and are for CFS Missions. My dam plugs are for Multiplayer games.

~S~ Ivan, The Lancasters are in the package. My dams still need testing in Multi player. They are on my site, with other things. I will e-mail you both.

J

Ivan
November 28th, 2008, 08:10
I have a copy of FS 98. The scenery is mostly untextured stuff which is quite horrible looking.

- Ivan.

Johnny
November 28th, 2008, 15:55
~S~ All,

There was a problem with the downloads and has been corrected. I installed the scenery and there is a glitch with that to, except in the missions. In the other computer I downloaded the original and modified the scenery folder to make it work in Multiplayer.

j.

Frank Farrell
November 28th, 2008, 16:26
:applause: :running: :isadizzy::jump: looking forward to busting dams, Johnny. Keep it coming mate. would that bouncing smiley be any use as a bouncing bomb ?? :redf: Oops, nearly forgot, your flight times wont suit me unless it is closer to Christmas when i go on holidays . But I'll still keep an eye on things. :ernae:

anbu
November 28th, 2008, 19:04
thats spiffy. do we get to use those bombs that skip across the water?

Johnny
November 28th, 2008, 22:15
~S~ a,

How do I put this? NO. I think in the FS2002 or 4 they bounce, but not in CFS. I have to make the targets bigger or there will be no busting at all, what so ever... There must be some skill involved. 1100 did come very close, but a bomber pilot he is not. The dam defended itself quite well, I must say.

Ivan, you are right about the Lancasters nose, but as I understand it, to defend in CFS missions they were moved out, back and to the side, by Roger Lowery of the 662 Squadron. I have not examined any of the aircraft yet. Still working on the dam plugs.

I think it is just the .dp files that need to be tweaked to give a bigger target area. As it is, one well placed bomb is all it takes, but I do have a question. On one dam it is out front to simulate the bouncing bomb, or an overflow pipe for the dam. The target is easy to see but hard to hit and the points are set to 5,000. If the bomb does 5,000 in damage it should blow if hit, correct or no?

The second takes a hit TDC, but the bombs seem to pass through the box and only explode on contact with the ground behind the core. Bullets hitting the dam register but can only make it leak when the box is empty of points. When you shoot an object in CFS you get credit for the hits. If someone else comes along and bombs it, the credit goes to the last person to shoot it.

The kill box with bombs, I am guessing, has to touch the ground to cause damage. And, the bomb would have to be BDC, (Bottom Dead Center), Yes/No?

We are so confused,

Johnny, J., j. j,:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy: :friday:

anbu
November 29th, 2008, 11:25
how do you even make something like that? all the talk about plugs and the positions needed are way over my head. i can't even repaint a p-51 :costumes:

but the dam is pretty wicked, i can't wait to see it in a mission.

Ivan
November 29th, 2008, 16:46
Hello Hubbabubba,

I hope things aren't going badly. I can send you my current version of the AIR file I am working on, but you will find that it isn't a noticeable improvement over what you already have. I just completed a 80 mph test drive which ended in a crash. The Jeep oversteers like mad at the moment. This isn't transmission and engine tuning yet. The chassis is still being tweaked to try to eliminate the oversteer. I have run through about 50 tweaks this evening alone.

- Ivan.

hubbabubba
November 29th, 2008, 17:13
As I said, Ivan, no hurry. My mind is simply not into it these days. If you want to know more,send me an e-mail.:173go1:

Johnny; The experimentation I have done with smilo and MM on the AAC ships lead me to believe that;
1- I direct hit on the CoG, where the collision bubble is, will kill the target;
2- A nearby explosion will register points on the DP hit boxes it crosses, but the number of points will decrease rapidly as the explosion is further away;
3- Points shaved from a "killing box", a box that goes boom, will be accumulated from explosions and projectiles (shells and bullets), but only kinetic projectiles ( hello Gwynedd:wavey:) are registering their "donors". A box exploding without being hit by projectiles is "destroyed". A box exploding will register as "being shot down" by the last player to hit it with projectiles;
4- Bubble collision can be reduced or expanded by hex-editing the MDL file, thus increasing or decreasing the size of a "dead-on" bomb drop;
5- At least one box must go boom if you want the object to be destroyed.

Now, Johnny, you know about as much as I do in this domain.:friday:

Johnny
December 3rd, 2008, 08:57
~S~ All,

I have been running on about the new AAC Edition by Ross McLennan's Dambusters Mission, but it only comes with one of the special Lancasters. If you make a search for Ross McLennan Dambuster Mission I think it is at Simviation. You can find the old missions with several different Lancasters. They are also available for FS2002 and SF2004 and FS98, I think. He has decided to do another version after Christmas.

j

Johnny
December 5th, 2008, 16:37
~S~ All,

Well, the AAC_Dam Plug for multi-player and the AAC_Minute-Maid PT-Boat as well as her evil twin AAC_Brune-Hilda have been uploaded here at the Outhouse and are available for download.

I am waiting for the AAC Edition of "Dambusters" Mission by Ross McLennan, so I can also upload it here as well. There is an older "CFS1 Dambuster Tribute R2" virsion at Simviation: http://www.simviation.com/cfs1missions16.htm

It comes with a lot of custom aircfaft for the missions. Also, on that same page is Ross' "CFS1 617 Sqadron Campaign", with more missions and special aircraft. May be some more multi-player missions here as well.

Get some practice in guys, it is coming after Minuteman fixes his computer. We would not want him to miss this one. Maybe we could take up a collection? Naw, he should have been saving all those empty beer cans.

j:costumes:

smilo
December 5th, 2008, 20:24
yeah, well, if he would have quit smokin',
he would have had the money by now....:173go1:.....
hurry up, MM, we miss yaz.

graham
December 6th, 2008, 05:29
~S~ Johnny: Sounds good. can you send me the link.

Does this new mission come with the dam you created?

~S~AAC_Graham

smilo
December 6th, 2008, 06:34
hello Graham,
here's the link;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=combatfs/pages&page=downloads_cfs#download
scroll down to Latest Uploads and they are the top three by johnny.
while you are there, grab Hubbabubba's Memorial Monument and the AAC Fleet.
finally, don't forget to get johnny's AAC_Khloee. we might be using it this Sunday.
they are all on the same page.

Johnny
December 8th, 2008, 10:26
~S~ All,

The Dambusters Mission by Ross McLennan, made for the AAC has been uploaded here at the SOH. It should be available for download in the next couple of days.

"Ross McLennan put together this Dambusters Mission package for the AAC. It comes with one very special RAF 617 Squadron Lancaster, Missions and Scenery. There are Training mission and Bombing Missions to sharpen your skills. See if you have what it took to be one of the best bomber pilots in WWII. Many thanks to Ross for his time and efforts in making this Extra Special Dambusters Mission for the AAC and all of the CFS world to enjoy."

Here some screel shots.

j:wavey:

minuteman10
December 8th, 2008, 18:52
~S~ Johnny...Man!!!!...that looks good! As long as the cans don't get stuck under my rudder pedals, I'll be fine!:ernae: I'll have a MB in the next couple of weeks...see ya' soon!

Johnny
December 9th, 2008, 21:54
~S~ MM,

Just in time for the January 4, 2009 Mission. I see they Ross McLennan’s Dambusters Mission AAC_Edition, is ready for download, here at SOH. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13156)

You may want to practice, just remember in Multiplayer, the Dam shoots back. Also hope to have a few Brune-Hilda's on the water.

j:costumes:

womble55
December 21st, 2008, 01:48
Don't forget that the Dambuster Lancasters did not carry nose turrets!

- Ivan.

Err.....Sorry Ivan but you are mistaking the lancaster (special) with the special lancasters as used for the Dambusting raid.The Lancasters used for the dambusting raid had the mid upper turret romoved but the nose and tail turrets were as built. To allow the bomb aimer to.......well aim the bomb, and not have the legs of the nose gunner interfering with his duties, had special stirrups installed so that the feet of said gunner were well out of the way.The Lancaster (special) was the variant that carried the 22000lb Grand Slam and had the nose and mid upper turrets removed.

Ivan
December 21st, 2008, 08:39
Perhaps I misremembered regarding Lancasters.

There are certainly some differences between US and British practice. I was pretty sure that on a US bomber, the bombardier WAS the nose gunner.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

womble55
December 21st, 2008, 23:11
That I cant be sure of but with the Dambusting raid the nose gunner was required thoughout the mission.....must watch Richard Todd in his one and only great film again

Johnny
December 22nd, 2008, 15:21
~S~ All,

I just ordered a copy of the Movie and it should be here for Christmas. Tonight I think I will revisit BOB and ABTF.

Later,

j

womble55
December 25th, 2008, 14:32
It's hard to beleive but when the film was shot, the bomb was still on the secrets list. Also, in the long shots, see if you can spot the Avro Lincolns.

Ivan
December 26th, 2008, 06:13
When was this movie made? Usanians would call your "secrets" "Classified".

-Ivan.

Johnny
December 26th, 2008, 15:07
~S~ Ivan,

The movie was made in 1954 and production of a remake is set to start next year.

j