PDA

View Full Version : Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International v2

SirBenn21
November 1st, 2010, 15:38
It's now available to all pre-payed customers. :jump:

I really hope the performance issures have been sorted out. Will report later.

Ben

Ian Warren
November 1st, 2010, 16:29
:salute:Installing now , Melbourne on steriods , we will find out
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Spikehughes
November 1st, 2010, 16:50
What? Is this scenery a big hit on frame rates? Haven't heard anything about that. I must admit I do like the video's put out of Orbx sceneries. To be truthful, the only scenery I have from them is the Tasmania Demo and the Pacific Northwest Demo - which are good and don't appear to have any major impact on frames on my system -- so go figure.

I have considered purchasing their scenery in the past - but as I have indicated in earlier posts, payware aircraft tended to dominate my wallet and unless it was from Local scenery creators in NZ I have resisted the temptation. Now if they release scenery of New Zealand in the near future - that is a whole different thing....(Have VLC but would like to ramp it up a bit).

SirBenn21
November 1st, 2010, 21:50
Well at first I was not that impressed with the performance!
I was getting 7 - 15 fps in the VRS F18 with a weird jumpy effect when in outside view.

Then I went though the pdf manual and adjusted my settings as suggested and got a jump to 25 - 35 fps.

The quality of the detail was never in dispute. ORBX never disapoints with quality!

My only one qualm is there is a "shimmer" on the runway if viewed in the air. Graphical glitch

Thanks ORBX it was so worth my $8.50 upgrade from v1.

Ben

Rimshot
November 2nd, 2010, 05:59
Now if they release scenery of New Zealand in the near future - that is a whole different thing.

It must have been a while since you checked their upcoming products page:

http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html

Some gorgeous previews in the link below, registration required:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=24015.0

As far as the new YMML is concerned I am very satisfied. The scenery performs very well on my two year old system, a world of difference compared to the previous versions.