PDA

View Full Version : Flightsim Commander 9

dougal
November 1st, 2010, 14:32
Although there's a little bad feeling about so few changes, I see FSC v9 is out.

However, I simply cannot see how to purchase it from SimMarket (where I got v8 from).

Can someone else please have a look and tell me what I'm missing?

All I can see is v8.6

falcon409
November 1st, 2010, 14:45
Try here, then follow the "reinstall" once downloaded:
http://www.fscommander.com/

falcon409
November 1st, 2010, 14:49
Ok, sorry, just read this on the FSCommander Forums:
Note that v. 9.0 is not a usual upgrade, but rather a completely new version.
Therefore, if you are a registered user of some earlier version 8.x, your
registration is no longer valid. You have to register - and in plain language -
pay again. If you have downloaded from our website, you register with
SimMarket (www.simmarket.com); if you prefer to download from the Aerosoft site,
then registration occurs during installation.

For the rare occasions that I use the earlier versions. . .no thanks!:salute:

flaviossa
November 1st, 2010, 15:09
I think itīs valid that new releases of software can be charged, example: windows.
But the new version must have features that justify the new purchase. And for otherīs reports itīs not the case. I have 8.6 installed and working perfectly. Untill now, i donīt have any reason to go for 9 ... lets wait and see!

falcon409
November 1st, 2010, 17:40
I think itīs valid that new releases of software can be charged, example: windows.
But the new version must have features that justify the new purchase. And for otherīs reports itīs not the case. I have 8.6 installed and working perfectly. Untill now, i donīt have any reason to go for 9 ... lets wait and see!
Yep, unfortunately, I judge all these "navigational" utilites by the granddaddy of em all which is FSNavigator. Sadly that programs author decided to hang it up so there was no FSX version and I found FSCommander lacking based on what I was comfortable with (FSNav). It just never has come up to those standards and it appears, even after all the time between versions, it's still not there.

Naismith
November 1st, 2010, 19:50
Plan-G is a great alternative and FREE, though you have to reg to d/l.
http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php

I find it works best best networked on another PC, but then that is the case with FSC.
I agree wholeheartedly that FSNavigator was the best and such a shame that it never got upgraded to FSX.

Kiwikat
November 1st, 2010, 20:08
Plan-G runs horribly on my computer. It is completely unusable. Not sure what the trick to it is...

I've been happy using the demo version of FSC. Free and works great! :jump:

WhiskeyEcho
November 2nd, 2010, 01:38
Plan-G, non networked, works great on a second monitor.

BFN

Tom