PDA

View Full Version : Old FS9 Cloud9 Aermacchi MB339 in FSX

kilo delta
October 31st, 2010, 13:22
Is there anyone running the old FS2004 Cloud9 MB339 is FSX Acceleration. If so,will it work okay (with tweaks to the alpha textures) or does it require more effort...ie swapping gauges etc? :)

Bone
October 31st, 2010, 18:45
The glass has issues in Accelleration, but not SP1, and the guages don't work in either. It fly's great though. It would be nice if one of the paint guru's could fix the glass.

kilo delta
November 1st, 2010, 02:44
Thanks Bone! It may be worth a re-install then...when I can be bothered to actually "fly" FSX again!:)

The glass issue should be a simple enough fix. Load the relevant texture into DXTBMP, edit the alpha by darkening it, save the modded texture and go fly!

Bone
November 1st, 2010, 06:13
There's 8 VC glass texture files....still think it's simple? You did a bang up job on that pumpkin, maybe you could do the glass.

kilo delta
November 1st, 2010, 06:37
There's 8 VC glass texture files....still think it's simple? You did a bang up job on that pumpkin, maybe you could do the glass.

I don't think a bunch of sharp knives will work this time! :d

I'll seek out my copy of the installer and have a looksee ;) :)

Bone
November 1st, 2010, 07:05
Sorry to burden you with it. All I know how to use is FSrepaint, which is very limited, and it won't open any of my C9 planes.

kilo delta
November 1st, 2010, 07:28
Sorry to burden you with it. All I know how to use is FSrepaint, which is very limited, and it won't open any of my C9 planes.

Not a problem,Bone ;).....I just need to get permission to load/fly my FSX from the gatekeeper!:salute::ernae: