PDA

View Full Version : NO FUN at all...

grunau_baby
October 31st, 2010, 01:40
Hi,

my rig died, more or less, after 3 years of service! That caused the silence from my side here.

It just froze after startup for a few month now and reset started to become unstable and partly impossible, too. Supossedly it is a HD issue, moreover the power-unit (switch) - caused by the constant cutting off for forced restart - broke, too!

Well, I had to take the plunge, was forced actually: a new rig!
1/3 the size of the old, but around double the power, W7 with 64 bit finally and whatīs the trouble - an ATi card. I used NVidia for the past three years and getting fsx to run propperly with this card is a challenge indeed. I have to do the tweaking all over again! Got it stable at constant 30 fps now, visuals look a bit different. Thereīs a lot of work to do still, before reaching the installation I had before with all the addons...

I am slowly striving for the surface again...:jump:
Alex

huub vink
October 31st, 2010, 02:40
Welcome back Alex and I'm convinced you will sort things out with this PC. I always had ATi cards in the past and was always quite pleased with them.

Cheers,
Huub

grunau_baby
October 31st, 2010, 03:58
In fact I had an ATI card a few PCs back, but itīs finding out the invividual settings for my system and card that makes a quick start troublesome.

I am currently installing all the stuff again, with this system I might at least get out even more AI traffic without cutting my frames down. My last rig was good for middle to top settings, but Ai was almost impossible.

I will work my way through. I am pleased to notice a vast performance boost on this system, from 25 fps to 20-60 (cut down to a constant 30 fps) now.

Alex