PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Bomber Uploaded

PutPut
October 28th, 2010, 10:37
I just uploaded my model of the Keystone B-6A to flightsim and simviation; it should show tomorrow.

The Huff-Daland company started designing and producing bombers for the USAAC in 1923. The company was purchased by the Keystone Aircraft Corporation in 1927 but continued to design and produce bombers that served until 1936. About 10 models were produced in various quantities. I have wanted to model a Keystone Bomber for the 12 years I've been in this business but only recently found 3 views that are acceptable for the task. Fortunately they were for the LB/B-6A which looks identical to all later versions. This model entered service in 1927. The earlier versions had the LB prefix which stood for light bomber or large bomber depending on your reference. The USAAC standardized on the prefix "B" for all bombers about the time the B-6A started service.
This is a native FSX Acceleration model. It has all the usual animations and .dds textures. The VC is based on an actual photo and has working gauges and animated flight controls. The gauges feature back lights for night duty. There is no 2D panel. Please note the pilot sat in the right hand chair in these early bombers.

Best, Paul

falcon409
October 28th, 2010, 11:00
PutPut, your modeling just gets better and better with each endeavor. Very nicely done exterior model on this one for sure. What design program do you use?

PutPut
October 28th, 2010, 11:21
PutPut, your modeling just gets better and better with each endeavor. Very nicely done exterior model on this one for sure. What design program do you use?

Thanks; I use FSDSv3.51 and Dave Nunez's Tweak program v2.81.

Paul

gera
October 28th, 2010, 11:26
Thank you Paul....this is one of my favorite classics......soon in some wierd Mission!!!!!:jump:, presently working on a "solid wood" model of it which is meant for
a model show if I donīt screw it up!!!!!!