PDA

View Full Version : Native Ju-87 STUKA!!

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 14:19
I forgot to post this and, some of you may already know. Someone (MilViz?) has modeled a native Ju-87. If I recall right it's finished except for the coding.

Does anyone have any further info, screenshots or?

Roadburner440
October 27th, 2010, 14:30
Looks like the cat is out of the bag. :jump: It has been sent off for coding. Colin had the VC completely redone... We do not have a timeline on it at the moment, but it is in the pipeline for the near future (so much for secrets huh?)... Guess that only leaves about 3 or 4 more of them in the shadows. :icon_lol:

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 14:34
WooHOOO!!!!!!! I though it was you guys :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWnr-5rZ5gM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZhvg1h6HM&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ONYgv_Jxo&feature=player_embedded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59Jc5IkS9k&feature=player_embedded

pictures Pictures PICTURES!! :bump:

Roadburner440
October 27th, 2010, 14:41
Colin will be able to give more details on this one... I was working on the model/VC (I was learning how to use 3DS on this project). I was working on the flight model and such, but Colin sent it off to a guy who is an expert on the Stuka. So I have focused my efforts elsewhere. We felt that is what was best for the plane. I will post up some renders though in a few minutes. I have it still on the laptop. So it will look a lot different (read: better!) when it is finally released.

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 14:48
This is outstanding news to hear. You'll have to excuse my last choice of video, as I had built a few Stukas in my hobby days. They were great planes to over power, and very fun to fly.

I got my credit card ready :salute:

Roadburner440
October 27th, 2010, 14:59
Now I am not showing the VC because I do not have the new one. The VC was completely redone from scratch, and re-textured. From there it was combined with the model and sent off. So I haven't even seen the new VC. It will be to the standard we have set with the rest of our models though. Here is the external. These are hot off the press! Should be really good on frame rates too as the poly count is well below our usual range, and it still looks great!

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/JU-87/01.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/JU-87/02.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/JU-87/03.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/JU-87/04.jpg

Roger
October 27th, 2010, 15:02
Looking great!

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 15:07
The renders look nice. Is that the G model?
...I look forward to seeing more progress.

What other (if any) models will Colin be doing?

Roadburner440
October 27th, 2010, 15:15
This is the only one.. I am not an expert on this particular bird (I like a lot of the Luftwaffe birds, but mainly the Me-262, Go-229, and so on).. Never really knew of/about the Ju-87 till this. This is the only model planned though.

krazycolin
October 27th, 2010, 15:45
Drat! I was hoping to keep this one a secret... Loose lips sink ships! Theres a mole in the house!

Anyway, it's two versions that we will be doing: ju-87g and the ju-87d. There are minor internal differences but major one is the big guns on the g.

Release is in the new year...

Sundog
October 27th, 2010, 16:00
That looks excellent! Nice work. :)

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 16:32
Drat! I was hoping to keep this one a secret... Loose lips sink ships! Theres a mole in the house!

Anyway, it's two versions that we will be doing: ju-87g and the ju-87d. There are minor internal differences but major one is the big guns on the g.

Release is in the new year...

I'm not sure where I stumbled on the info about the Stuka. I was researching another aircraft when I found it. I bout forgot..lol. I'm glad to see them in the works as it seems you and your team
are doing some fantastic models. I like the fact that you headed the GA direction to broaden your horizon and what you're doing looks impressive. Your support appears to be top notch and customers happy.
...I've been watching over the C310 like a hawk to prey. It too looks to be a fine representation that I'll hopefully get to fly soon.

Keep the great work coming :jump:

PRB
October 27th, 2010, 16:39
That looks awesome! I may have to get that...

SADT
October 27th, 2010, 17:41
Do these variants have the Jericho-Trumpet siren?

That model looks really smooth - cant wait to see what "better" is :jump:

Great work!:salute:

peter12213
October 27th, 2010, 17:49
Great stuff wasn't FSD doing one too? I have the FCS one and while it's fun, the quality is appauling for payware!

OleBoy
October 27th, 2010, 17:55
have the FCS one and while it's fun, the quality is appauling for payware!

Hey now. I resemble that remark.
...Slightly OT but as for the other sim, I find the one originally made by Wolfi for CFS2, converted for FS2004 to be the best bang for the buck

roger-wilco-66
October 27th, 2010, 22:31
Ahhh, a JU87, life is good....
That will be a must-have for my hangar.

Now, I hope, we will see a later model Ju-88 sometimes in the near future. With the possibilities we have today, this would be a real blast.

Cheers,
Mark

jankees
October 27th, 2010, 23:45
oh yes, that looks great!

Pips
October 28th, 2010, 00:57
I am drooling with anticipation! :) The screenies look brilliant.

Roadburner440
October 28th, 2010, 02:25
I can say with a certainty that this is the only Axis bird in our lineup for the foreseeable future. It was very hard when I was working with it, and doing the research to find anything substantial (and I am pretty good at research). We are aware of the siren the bird has while diving, but I cannot confirm that is being included. We really were not prepared to release a lot of info on this bird at this point (since it was outted though I did not think it was appropriate to just let the thread linger). Once more of the coding is completed we will give more definitive answers on the details. Like always we are aiming high with this one.

krazycolin
October 28th, 2010, 04:57
The siren shall be done...

As well, it now behooves me to tell you who, exactly, will be doing the gauges and systems for this bird... Who, do you think, is the best at WW2 Axis birds? Yup! Mathias of Classic Hangars has agreed to participate in this, the most famous Dive Bomber of all time.

Yay!

Sound will be done by TSS... (get your stuff ready Chris!)

peter12213
October 28th, 2010, 05:49
This is going to be biblically good!

Bjoern
October 28th, 2010, 11:26
The renders look nice. Is that the G model?

Yep. Had a contest with the IL-2 for tanks busted during Prokhorovka/Kursk anno '43.

Scratch
October 28th, 2010, 14:18
HOT DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

It sure has been a long wait to get a good Stuka:wiggle:

Nick C
October 28th, 2010, 14:33
I do believe I'm rubbing my hands in glee! :applause::applause::applause:

OleBoy
November 20th, 2010, 16:10
(yells) What's going on back there?

:bump:

alehead
November 20th, 2010, 16:53
Wish you guys all the best on this one! And getting Mathias from CH to jump on board is a master stroke... I still don't know why I haven't picked up the Fw190s so far... one of my backburners, as I am a sucker for warbirds in good quality...

Perhaps I am waiting for an announcement on a Dora and Ta-152...

This is one to look out for!

Andrew

Roadburner440
November 20th, 2010, 16:56
We are home. We just haven't seen the bird back from Mathias yet is all. Been busy on our end testing the F-15, and busy helping the Nemeth's test their SA-2. Nothing to report on the Stuka as of yet. This will be the place I come though when there is!

OleBoy
November 20th, 2010, 17:06
Hi Steve

I figured as much. I couldn't let this dog sleep. One never knows what you guys are up too.

Thanks much for the update!

OleBoy
December 29th, 2010, 09:55
Any news :jump:

krazycolin
December 29th, 2010, 12:16
I've sent some VC pics to Steve... waiting for them to show up!

OleBoy
December 29th, 2010, 12:32
I've sent some VC pics to Steve... waiting for them to show up!

Nice. Where are ya Steve? Lets see them VC shots!!:jump:

Warrant
December 29th, 2010, 14:01
Any ETA on this magnificent mother of all CAS-bird?

krazycolin
December 29th, 2010, 14:11
Once the internal paint redo and external dirt redo is done (another two weeks or less), the model will be sent off to Classic Hangars. At that point, you may begin to harangue Mathias...
:wavey:

OleBoy
December 29th, 2010, 14:30
You doing a Stuka, well, that's dang good slice of cake. Mathias doing the gauges is the creme filling. When it's all served up, boy is it ever gonna be good. It's as good as purchased already :salute:

OleBoy
January 31st, 2011, 14:20
Keeping up my enthusiasm. :bump:

What's the good word Gents?

Roadburner440
January 31st, 2011, 16:50
Is coming Tim. Should have something of substance to show before the end of February. I was given a timeline shorter than that, but I am going to play it on the safe side. Busy busy getting it together at this point.

OleBoy
January 31st, 2011, 18:34
Understandable Steve. Thanks for the update :)

vet123
January 31st, 2011, 18:50
Stunning modeling Sir. :salute:

Regards, Rich

Pips
January 31st, 2011, 20:35
So many writers of WWII aircraft books describe the Junkers Ju 87 as an ungainly, even ugly design.

Personally I think it is a powerful, menancing, yet strangely beautiful aircraft. :)

krazycolin
January 31st, 2011, 20:44
Apparently, it flew like a pig. No offense to pigs of course... Just saying. It was heavy and ungainly (and dangerous) on take off and landing but, at least it had wide spaced gear...

OleBoy
January 31st, 2011, 21:05
Well, what can I say. Myself, I like the looks of the ugly beast. It's got it's own character. As with all German aircraft of the era. Is it done yet? :wavey:

krazycolin
February 1st, 2011, 02:45
Nope. After having taken a good hard look at the external, I decided to repaint and re-uv that as well as the VC. So, we're now in final for that. Once done... (a week at most) it's off to Mathias...

OleBoy
March 17th, 2011, 19:18
Anything new going on KC?

krazycolin
March 17th, 2011, 21:32
It is in the very capable hands of Mathias. Go bug him!

OleBoy
April 9th, 2011, 15:27
Heck of a response. Dare I ask, where might Mathias be hiding?

nevermind

krazycolin
April 9th, 2011, 16:24
He's out there.... in the wild blue yonder... yikes.. it's HIM... in the SUN!!! on your SIX!!!!

Walter
June 10th, 2011, 13:54
Excuse me, but has there been any progress on this lovely bird?

Another question: Is it possible to get a dive alarm on it?

Thank you,

Walter

Roadburner440
June 10th, 2011, 16:29
Mathias just released his Taifun so it is full steam ahead on the Stuka! The modeling and such was already done. He is correcting some apparent errors we made in the German text, and will be doing all the coding and such. Not sure how long that is going to take, but it will definately be worth the wait! We figured Mathias would be the perfect person for the job which is why we waited this long to have him do it.

Walter
June 10th, 2011, 18:55
SWEET!!! It's looking good from the earlier posts, and I'm really excited about this one! Do you have any idea on what the cost will be?

Walter :mixedsmi:

OleBoy
September 13th, 2011, 17:01
It has been a while since anyone has asked, but, any news on the Stuka, Mathias?

I cruised over to Classic Hangers, but didn't see much there for any news.

huub vink
September 14th, 2011, 00:51
As far as I know the Stuka is a Milviz production, for which Mathias renders assistance and which will make use of the German gauges by Mathias.

Cheers,
Huub

Mathias
September 14th, 2011, 00:55
As far as I know the Stuka is a Milviz production, for which Mathias renders assistance and which will make use of the German gauges by Mathias.

Cheers,
Huub

Not exactly.
The artwork is entirely in Milviz hands, including gauge visuals.
We do programming/animation, flight modelling (AvHistory) and sounds.
Hoping for an October release (don't missread this as an ETA)

OleBoy
September 14th, 2011, 04:04
Thanks Mathias

Mithrin
September 14th, 2011, 14:48
That looks neat!

OleBoy
November 22nd, 2011, 14:29
A friendly 'bump' for any news.

krazycolin
November 22nd, 2011, 17:12
I have been trying to contact Mathias for weeks but gotten no answer.... I sure hope he's ok...

OleBoy
November 22nd, 2011, 17:22
I have been trying to contact Mathias for weeks but gotten no answer.... I sure hope he's ok...

He was here today. In fact, right after I posted my last response. He was also active in the Hienkel He51 thread in the FS9 forum. He has a good avoidance system..lol.

krazycolin
November 22nd, 2011, 18:42
I will take that to mean he's not done yet...

Mathias
November 26th, 2011, 11:10
Hi guys,

sorry for the lack of communication lately regarding the Stuka.
We just agreed on a few "readjustments" in the VC design.
That means the Stuka is currently receiving the full Classics Hangar German gauges treatment, including 3d visuals.
That is to make sure that the cockpit is 100% accurate as oppososed to 98% or so. :kilroy:
We should have something to show in a few weeks.

OleBoy
November 26th, 2011, 11:39
Thanks for the update Mathias. This is one I've been looking forward to seeing hit the shelves. Your visuals will greatly add to the immersion!

P38man
November 26th, 2011, 14:07
Hi guys,

sorry for the lack of communication lately regarding the Stuka.
We just agreed on a few "readjustments" in the VC design.
That means the Stuka is currently receiving the full Classics Hangar German gauges treatment, including 3d visuals.
That is to make sure that the cockpit is 100% accurate as oppososed to 98% or so. :kilroy:
We should have something to show in a few weeks.

Great news!