PDA

View Full Version : Naval Aviation Magazine: free downloads of past issues......

Navy Chief
October 26th, 2010, 14:54
This is a fantastic source of information! I have downloaded several issues, and it's great!

http://www.history.navy.mil/nan/backissues/newbackissues.htm

Go NAVAIR!

NC

Crusader
October 26th, 2010, 15:01
Thanks NC , bookmarked this one for sure . A lot of very interesting articles and I hav'nt even scratched the surface yet .

Rich

Navy Chief
October 26th, 2010, 15:09
Thanks NC , bookmarked this one for sure . A lot of very interesting articles and I hav'nt even scratched the surface yet .

Rich

There are downloads also available from the Naval Safety Center (i.e. Approach and Mech magazine), but issues prior to 2007 are not listed on the website. I emailed the PAO to see if they are available on request. One never knows unless one asks....

NC

Willy
October 26th, 2010, 15:34
Which one was it that had the Grandpa Pettibone safety articles? I used to really love reading those.

Roadburner440
October 26th, 2010, 15:35
I was going to say. The only magazine I have seen since I have been in is Mech Magazine. We put it on the required reading boards every month. I didn't know anyone would be so interested in them otherwise I would of pointed you all in the direction of the Naval Safety Center.. I read them cover to cover every month. Every now and again there is a good article. Definately serves as a good training tool for the new Airmen of what can happen when you get complacent.

TARPSBird
October 26th, 2010, 15:37
Some great stuff in those old issues, like this flak damage from Jan '66:

Navy Chief
October 26th, 2010, 15:41
Which one was it that had the Grandpa Pettibone safety articles? I used to really love reading those.

Why, none other than the "Naval Aviation" magazine!

Willy
October 26th, 2010, 16:24
Thanks, got it bookmarked and just checked out the July 1952 issue.

Bushpounder
October 26th, 2010, 18:20
Very cool! I am having Cmdr. Paul Galanti as a speaker at my fundraiser for our aviation gallery next week. I am looking very forward to meeting this man.

Don

phrog_phixer
October 26th, 2010, 19:28
Brings back memories!

Emil Frand
October 27th, 2010, 03:28
Great find Chief but you sure know how to make a guy feel old!! Grandpaw Pettibone,yikes! Approach was my fav but theres tons of history in these issues................thanks

Bjoern
October 27th, 2010, 14:37
Wow! Tons of information in those 'zines! :eek:

Reading material available > Time on hands. :(

I think I need an e-book reader thingy...