PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not the only one !

XLR8
October 25th, 2010, 18:33
After a fresh clean windows 7 install. I loaded up FSX+Accleration . And suprise to me I have a advertisment for Microsoft Flight on the main screen. What is this ?

Tako_Kichi
October 25th, 2010, 18:37
The main screen is like a mini browser that connects directly to the MS FS site.

mmann
October 25th, 2010, 18:46
The main screen is like a mini browser that connects directly to the MS FS site.

Which is why my FSX computer is not hooked up to the internet and my Windows XP has had Internet Explorer removed from it!

Regards, Mike Mann

krazycolin
October 25th, 2010, 19:16
yeah... i am not sure about the legality of that kind of interference on one's computer....

spotlope
October 25th, 2010, 21:43
Also, aliens are controlling your brain. Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat!

Rich
October 25th, 2010, 23:14
One visit to Hotmail earned me this lot22174221752217622177

Rich
October 25th, 2010, 23:20
Only 4 Attachments per message this one missed22178

Rich
October 25th, 2010, 23:31
Maybe but this as far as I am concerned is blatant spyware, seems MS can put anything on anyones comp even with blocks put on them it goes around them.

Also, aliens are controlling your brain. Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat!

orionll
October 25th, 2010, 23:37
I'm not sure what the big deal is. FSX just has a web browser control on the home tab designed to go to the FSInsider website. If you don't want to go there, you don't need to open the home tab. Anyways, most any website will store cookies on your computer, not just Microsoft ones. If you're that paranoid, you can go into your browser settings and disable cookies (in Firefox, under Tools -> Options -> Privacy). /rant

Rich
October 25th, 2010, 23:45
That lot came off a visit to my Hotmail inbox a single visit, nothing about FS insider there or FSX, some of those cookies are good for 27 years all to do with MS Live

txnetcop
October 26th, 2010, 04:38
The paranoia level about MS is unbelievable! I don't know if you have looked lately but every time you open your browser you are being inundated by cookies and advertisement. Rise of Flight and X-Plane now do the same thing to introduce you to the next level does that make them evil??????
Ted

Bjoern
October 26th, 2010, 14:18
The paranoia level about MS is unbelievable! I don't know if you have looked lately but every time you open your browser you are being inundated by cookies and advertisement.

Ads? Where? :d

(AbBlock Plus is aaaaaawesome!)