PDA

View Full Version : C-141 for FSX

Jetmechanic
October 25th, 2010, 17:14
Figure i get a thread going for a C-141 for FSX. we NEED a 141 for FSX. You have to admit the last one was Alphasim's back in fs2002/2004. Is anyone making one now that can post a picture

Prowler1111
October 25th, 2010, 17:20
yup..but you gotta enforce patience....at least for our version..

Prowler

noshadez
October 25th, 2010, 18:00
I liked the C- 141 better for jumps.. The C-130 prop wash blew your butt all around in a tangle and you had to do the bicycle thingy all in a bunch of visual distorted exhaust hoping you did not get all tangled up into another jumper.. The C-141 was smooth and you could see everything..http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon6.png

James
October 26th, 2010, 04:14
I'd love to see one made too. Right now, I've just started work on an Su-25 'Frogfoot'...I don't think that anyone has ever made one. If I finish and/or give up, I'll help you with the Starlifter.

strykerpsg
October 26th, 2010, 05:59
I liked the C- 141 better for jumps.. The C-130 prop wash blew your butt all around in a tangle and you had to do the bicycle thingy all in a bunch of visual distorted exhaust hoping you did not get all tangled up into another jumper.. The C-141 was smooth and you could see everything..http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon6.png
Amen brother, 100% agree! I used to panic every time I jumped 130's, looking for other jumpers and hoping they were doing the same. If you're still active, the C-17 is very similar to the Starlifter in terms of air drop dynamics.

Matt

Warrant
October 26th, 2010, 08:12
Figure i get a thread going for a C-141 for FSX. we NEED a 141 for FSX. You have to admit the last one was Alphasim's back in fs2002/2004. Is anyone making one now that can post a picture

I'd rather see a certain good C-17 finalised, besides the great freeware one by UKMIL :wiggle:

strykerpsg
October 26th, 2010, 09:05
I'd rather see a certain good C-17 finalised, besides the great freeware one by UKMIL :wiggle:
I second that and check their closed website each day for updates. I am glad I didn't take the fatal plunge and buy it with the default 747 cockpit installed and a bunch of empty promises, not to imply I wouldn't purchase the corrected bird, with the proper 2D/3D pit installed.

Matt

Bjoern
October 26th, 2010, 14:20
we NEED a 141 for FSX.

No we freaking don't. You do, and maybe a few more people, but this still doesn't constitute a "we"!

[Swearing that couldn't come any better from an angry, drunk, british peasnt]

(No offense.)

Piglet
October 26th, 2010, 18:55
Bjoern,
HAHAHAHA!
I was waiting for your reply as soon as I read the "we need" part of the thread's first post.

gera
October 26th, 2010, 20:00
No we freaking don't. You do, and maybe a few more people, but this still doesn't constitute a "we"!

(No offense.)

as an old pilot once said....."Nuts"!!!!!!!!!!

peter12213
October 26th, 2010, 20:21

(No offense.)

What's that that supposed to mean?? And Peasant what do you know about anyone on here? I think you should have a think and watch what you say in future!

fsafranek
October 26th, 2010, 20:33
What's that that supposed to mean?? And Peasant what do you know about anyone on here? I think you should have a think and watch what you say in future!
Personally I couldn't care less but if somebody does one please make it a C model with the semi-glass cockpit please. After finishing the Alphasim project I all but forgot about that aircraft. Nice airliner type to fly. Last real C-141 I saw was a C at Nellis back in oh, about, 2003. Still was a nice aircraft. Are they flown anymore at all?
:ernae:

Bone
October 27th, 2010, 00:40
A "C" model C-141?? Hmm, I didn't know there was one, interesting. A few years ago in Memphis there was an ANG C-141 that collapsed in on itself at the wing roots. I taxid by that one shortly after it happened, what a pitifull sight!!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-C-141B-Starlifter/0209303/L/&sid=c9ae519e728ae2d2077f7025626a6bf5

txnetcop
October 27th, 2010, 02:09

(No offense.)

A little too much youthful exuberance there Bjoern tone it down please. By the way if it is more than one it is WE which includes me.
Ted

strykerpsg
October 27th, 2010, 07:14

You mean Jumpin Joe during his reply to the Wehrmacht asking for his troops to surrender? The old pilot obviously copied a legend. :)

Matt

gera
October 27th, 2010, 07:45
You mean Jumpin Joe during his reply to the Wehrmacht asking for his troops to surrender? The old pilot obviously copied a legend. :)

Matt

Exactly right my friend.....he sure put the Wehrmacht to look for an american dictionary in the cold forrest !!! :jump:

strykerpsg
October 27th, 2010, 09:33
A "C" model C-141?? Hmm, I didn't know there was one, interesting. A few years ago in Memphis there was an ANG C-141 that collapsed in on itself at the wing roots. I taxid by that one shortly after it happened, what a pitifull sight!!

The C variant was meant to replace most of the cockpit with glass gauges and overall electronics update. Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C-141C_Glass_Cockpit_Upgrade.JPEG. There were only a few made, I believe the deciding factor was the repairs needed to update the wingbox service life and electronics for a plane that would still be limited to strategic airlift versus intra-theater & strategic airlift the C-17 provides. Basically amounted to lipsticking a pig, in the end, it was still a pig, though prettier than before. And for the record, I do very much like the Starlifter, but the C-17 is a quantum leap for the military in terms of versatility.

Matt

peter12213
October 27th, 2010, 10:18
I've always loved that starlifter and seeing that cockpit makes me really want one!

centuryseries
October 27th, 2010, 11:47

Matt

Perhaps the best war quote of all time!

fsafranek
October 27th, 2010, 11:53
Perhaps the best war quote of all time!
Yep. Short and to the point.

centuryseries
October 27th, 2010, 13:05
Yep. Short and to the point.

Just found this clip on youtube for those who have no idea what we're talking about. Taken from Band of Borthers, how close the clip is to what actually happened I have no idea, however I'd like to think it happened like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0r9B6sUQI&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0r9B6sUQI&feature=player_embedded)

Sorry for being OT.

An FSX Starlifter would be a welcome addition.

HighGround22
October 27th, 2010, 13:31

Matt
Yeah, noticed that. It was General Anthony McAuliffe, at Bastogne, during the Battle of the Bulge. Good line; succinct, yet it completely conveyed the message.

strykerpsg
October 27th, 2010, 13:43
Yeah, noticed that. It was General Anthony McAuliffe, at Bastogne, during the Battle of the Bulge. Good line; succinct, yet it completely conveyed the message.
Ooops, you're exactly right, not Gavin. Man, got my idols confused. Must have been too many hits to my fourth point of contact effecting my bone dome, not to mention the occasional IED's and some TBI......

If I were back at Campbell, would have remembered the author of the quote.

Matt

centuryseries
October 27th, 2010, 13:52

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-C-141B-Starlifter/0209303/L/&sid=c9ae519e728ae2d2077f7025626a6bf5

Was it the C version that had some special ops lumps and bumps around the nose?

EDIT, no it was the SOLL II C-141B with a FLIR turret under the nose for low level penetration:

http://www.specialoperations.com/USAF/SOLLII/C141/

Bone
October 27th, 2010, 14:10
Was it the C version that had some special ops lumps and bumps around the nose?

EDIT, no it was the SOLL II C-141B with a FLIR turret under the nose for low level penetration:

http://www.specialoperations.com/USAF/SOLLII/C141/

That's pretty cool. I've flown with an ex C-5 guy who was with the only C-5 squadron that had a low level special ops mission.

I like the C model glass panel better than the classic C-141 tape instruments.

Bjoern
October 27th, 2010, 14:22
Bjoern,
HAHAHAHA!
I was waiting for your reply as soon as I read the "we need" part of the thread's first post.

Newton's third: Actio-Reactio

"Nuts is better than no nuts."

Old squirrel wisdom.

Goodness Pete, I wasn't aiming at anyone here!
The angry, drunk, british peasant (= farmer) was the first mental image I've had about someone using swearwords of any variety.
It could also have been a grumpy, old, american farmer from the midwest or a random german guy discovering a spot of dirt on his freshly cleaned car.

A little too much youthful exuberance there Bjoern tone it down please. By the way if it is more than one it is WE which includes me.

But not ME or anyone else not having voiced his/her interest!

Okay, the way I said it might have been a bit over the top, but the message behind it remains untouched. I am not "we" and I don't need anything in terms of FSX add-ons!
We're not a hivemind.

tommieboy
October 27th, 2010, 14:37

Yeah, I had a blast with AS's C-141; would be nice to have a new one for FSX.

Tommy

txnetcop
October 27th, 2010, 18:06
But not ME or anyone else not having voiced his/her interest!

Okay, the way I said it might have been a bit over the top, but the message behind it remains untouched. I am not "we" and I don't need anything in terms of FSX add-ons!
We're not a hivemind.

I don' t suppose it has ever occurred to you that you don't have to comment just because you don't want something that others do...it's called maturity.
Ted

Bjoern
October 28th, 2010, 11:21
I don' t suppose it has ever occurred to you that you don't have to comment just because you don't want something that others do...it's called maturity.

I don't consider my reply immature at all. Just trying, yet again, to fix an annoying tendency of the MSFS community. "I want...!", "We need...!" and "When are you done...?" instead of "I'm doing...", "Look at my work..." *will* be the downfall of the whole community at one point! Mark my words!

And I'm not the only developer thinking like this.

gera
October 28th, 2010, 11:43
Kids are kids until they grow up.........and this one lives inside FSX!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::isadizzy:

ColoKent
October 28th, 2010, 11:58
Unfortunately, I don't see it happening-- especially since the -C is merely an avionics upgrade they had for the last few years they flew them.

Nice thought though...

K

Ian Warren
October 28th, 2010, 16:10
Starlifters were as common as the LC-130s in Christchurch from mid 60s to the final flight out 2006 heading for Antarctic 'Operation Deep Freeze' a good link http://www.c141heaven.com/

www.nzff.org
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

PRB
October 28th, 2010, 16:19
I don't consider my reply immature at all. Just trying, yet again, to fix an annoying tendency of the MSFS community. "I want...!", "We need...!" and "When are you done...?" instead of "I'm doing...", "Look at my work..." *will* be the downfall of the whole community at one point! Mark my words!

And I'm not the only developer thinking like this.

Well, it's likely there are a lot more users and consumers out there than developers and builders. It's no different here than across any community, industry, or skill set. Not everyone has the skills, time, or desire to build houses, decks, cabinets, and FS planes. Heck, if FS wasn't such a great “open” development environment, we wouldn't have this problem, so one might say it's not a bad problem to have... I understand your point, but I wouldn't get too stressed about trying to “fix” it all by yourself. Now if you will excuse me, the tide is coming in, and I have to stop it...

peter12213
October 28th, 2010, 17:28
Goodness Pete, I wasn't aiming at anyone here!
The angry, drunk, british peasant (= farmer) was the first mental image I've had about someone using swearwords of any variety.
It could also have been a grumpy, old, american farmer from the midwest or a random german guy discovering a spot of dirt on his freshly cleaned car.

Ok no problem mate, I can't say I agree with what you said but you have to remember this isn't a developer forum even though were blessed with alot of very talented people here, this is a democracy, and if some say something like I really need or why have we not got one, then that is just there own opinon. I mean I'm probably the worst person here for saying stuff about models and what I think about them, but it's only because I want to get my point across as you have done, but at the end of the day if something upsets you on here trust me don't say it, I've learned that many times better to just bite your tongue than say things like it will be the downfall of fsx or what ever it was you said, that to me is just crazy! Infact I know developers like to here what people think, unless it's non stop make this, make that or change it now type of thing towards one particular person or company! :wavey:

HighGround22
October 28th, 2010, 17:54
. . .Now if you will excuse me, the tide is coming in, and I have to stop it...
Ah yes. You and -- who was it? -- the musty, old, somewhat-famous King Canute, I believe.

roger-wilco-66
October 29th, 2010, 06:07
[...]
I am not "we" and I don't need anything in terms of FSX add-ons!
[...]

That is an immensly bold statement, Björn.

Mark

Bjoern
October 29th, 2010, 08:38
Not everyone has the skills, time, or desire to ... and FS planes.

Well, then one could still ask if that particular plane has been done before or wait for the next "What should I do next?" poll from a developer to suggest it instead of going "Want! Want! Want!".

Heck, if FS wasn't such a great “open” development environment, we wouldn't have this problem, so one might say it's not a bad problem to have...

It *is* a bad problem to have since it shows just how spoilt the community has become by the flood of add-ons for FS9 and that is not a good thing at all! No way, no how!

I understand your point, but I wouldn't get too stressed about trying to “fix” it all by yourself. Now if you will excuse me, the tide is coming in, and I have to stop it...Steady dripping erodes rock.

this is a democracy

It's a dictatorship. Just imagine, even payware developers have some kind of free will, which users screaming for something try to subdue. Or at least that's the image I get from it.

if something upsets you on here trust me don't say it, I've learned that many times better to just bite your tongue than say things like it will be the downfall of fsx or what ever it was you said, that to me is just crazy!Constantly biting your tongue hurts and the capability of taking pain isn't infinite.

I wonder why no one is content with what we already have. Seriously, if I work my arse off to deliver a good model and immediately after hear people wanting the next aircraft, I'd feel nothing short than messed around with.

Infact I know developers like to here what people think, unless it's non stop make this, make that or change it now type of thing towards one particular person or company! :wavey:That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. Constructive criticism and encouragement (confined to the current project) is always a welcome thing. Everything else not so much.

That is an immensly bold statement, Björn.

I know how to make planes, I don't need anything in that regard.

When something is already there, it's nice to have but I have absolutely no expectations in terms of my favourite aircraft ever getting done for FS by something other than myself. And that's a good thing, because it made me learn how to create stuff and because it keeps me going.

strykerpsg
October 29th, 2010, 09:05
Bjoern, can you give it a rest already. We all got within your first post you don't want a C-141. However, after reading the other posts not related to yours, there are plenty that would like to see a C-141, me included. It's also great you know how to design your own aircraft. Those of us that do not, would love to see someone make a Starlifter. So, can we move off of your self made soapbox and just continue to greedily want every aircraft out there made for FSX?

Matt

Bone
October 29th, 2010, 09:43
I think Bjoern's made some good points, but I also think he would be alot more satisfied if he focused on RW aviation instead of the fake stuff. The window of opportunity is somewhat small, and gets smaller every day...don't blow it like so may others have.

Bjoern
October 29th, 2010, 09:52
So, can we move off of your self made soapbox and just continue to greedily want every aircraft out there made for FSX?

No, you can't.

I think Bjoern's made some good points, but I also think he would be alot more satisfied if he focused on RW aviation instead of the fake stuff. The window of opportunity is somewhat small, and gets smaller every day...don't blow it like so may others have.

1) Real world aviation costs €€€€.
2) Higher education = €€€€.

Unless condition two is not met, condition one can't be fulfilled. So I'm stuck with virtual aviation until I've got a master's degree and a well paid job to pay for lessons.

This is not the pony farm for aviatiors that the US is, this is Germany, most probably the most aviation unfriendly country on this interstellar piece of rock.

txnetcop
October 29th, 2010, 09:55

Now think about it Bone...do you really want to wish Bjoern on the real aviation world??? LOL

gera
October 29th, 2010, 11:24
I think the boy is really nuts!!!!....he has an answer for everything, maybe he is a divinity or at least he thinks so...Nuts!!!!:gameoff::gameoff:

centuryseries
October 29th, 2010, 11:26
I was walking down the street the other day when someone thre a lump of cheese at me. I turned around and said "that was F...ing mature". :jump:

gera
October 29th, 2010, 12:12
Did you eat the piece of cheese????:icon_lol::icon_lol:, if not, what did you do with it?? very interesting story, where were you??......cheese throwers must be very rich!!if you would have been some place else you could have been thrown a rock and that would have been very bad indeed....:)

txnetcop
October 29th, 2010, 12:20
I think the boy is really nuts!!!!....he has an answer for everything, maybe he is a divinity or at least he thinks so...Nuts!!!!:gameoff::gameoff:

I was joking I'm not so sure you are. That could even be construed as a personal attack so I would suggest that kind of activity stop now. Bjoern is entitled to his opinion whether we agree or not...by the way I totally disagree...but calling someone NUTS is an attack. Let's keep this civil.
Ted

gera
October 29th, 2010, 12:57
I was joking I'm not so sure you are. That could even be construed as a personal attack so I would suggest that kind of activity stop now. Bjoern is entitled to his opinion whether we agree or not...by the way I totally disagree...but calling someone NUTS is an attack. Let's keep this civil.
Ted

Calling someone "Nuts" is not necessarily an attack, but I do agree with you that, it "could be interpreted as one", you have interpreted it as that and its your prerrogative. The way I expressed it and meant it was that it is really "nuts" to have an asnwer for everything, I still have many questions that been put forth to me in so many years with "No Answer". That could easily be considered "Nuts", so maybe in that sence I am nuts too ....and to me someone at such young age who has an aswer for everyone and everything could be "enlighted" with some devine gift, and that could be considered Nuts too... but I also have doubts since young people today, maybe due to the Internet and Many other unique events in the late XX century and early XXI usually have all the answers...since I appreciate you a lot, I will take your reproach and accept it in good stay....Amen and Adios with this....:running::running::running::running::kilro y:......Oh!!! it is getting very dangerous around here to "ask or wish that someone who knows how to make FSX
aircraft DO make one!!! its is indeed a strange world this earth of ours..maybe, everyone who knows should stop making them..hummmm, hummmmm:):(..YingYang!!!
....maybe with the new MS Flight, that will happen....maybe..or maybe discourage many to stop.....hummmm, hummmm..

txnetcop
October 29th, 2010, 12:58
Calling someone "Nuts" is not necessarily an attack, but I do agree with you that, it "could be interpreted as one", you have interpreted it as that and its your prerrogative. The way I expressed it and meant it was that it is really "nuts" to have an asnwer for everything, I still have many questions that that been put forth to me in so many years with "No Answer" That could easily be considered "Nuts", so maybe in that sence I am nuts too ....and to me someone at such young age who has an aswer for everyone and everything could be "enlighted" with some devine gift, but I also have doubts since young people today, maybe due to the Internet and other unique events on the late XX century and early XXI usually have all the answers...since I appreciate you a lot, I will take your reproach and accept it in good stay....Amen and Adios with this....:running::running::running::running::kilro y:

Thank you

gera
October 29th, 2010, 13:19
Thank you

You are welcome.....see u later alligator!!!!!

txnetcop
October 29th, 2010, 13:39
Bueno Amigo ADIOS

PRB
October 29th, 2010, 14:10
Ok, we all agree that we all need a C-141 for FSX. Except Bjoern. Moving on...