PDA

View Full Version : To Heck With the NFL...

EasyEd
October 24th, 2010, 17:37
Hey All,

Anybody been keeping an eye on NCAA football this year?

Three (3) weeks in a row the number 1 team in the USA has gone down to defeat! This has not happened in 50 years (since 1960). This next week Oregon plays USC so another potential number 1/ranked number 1 - by AP not BCS - may go down. Auburn is ranked number 1 by BCS but I think they will get beat when they play Alabama if not before.

Current rankings: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

It is really interesting to see how the different ranking systems are looking at this. Seems really clear they are looking at "strength of schedule" or just WAGing. They simply seem to refuse to rank Boise State (my favorite after the Beavs) number 1! Likewise Missouri State who just took down Number 1 Oklahoma. The Missouri State offense and I watched the game is I think the best in the nation. I love their style - spread the field with 4 wideouts and use misdirection with fast capable backs and simply depend on what looks to be the best O-line in the nation and let your 6ft 5in QB throw or run - also have a defense that is one of the best in the nation inside the red zone - you don't often see defensive ends drop back in coverage and intercept passes! Good stuff! It was a great game and I saw Alabama and Ohio State get beat the last two weeks.

Why would anybody want to watch Kyle Orton and the Denver Broncos get beat 59 to 14 is beyond me!

-Ed-