PDA

View Full Version : Roads from Ormoc Bay Philippines

Devildog73
October 24th, 2010, 15:54
Scenery guys: Am I overlooking something in MB as far as building roads in MB? I have two missions where Bong and McGuire on two separate occassions strafe IJA convoys rolling north out of Ormoc toward Tacloban in November 1944.

I can find no roads in any of the stock or add-on scenery that lead out of Ormoc. I looked under infrastructure in MB and did not find a way to place roads on the ground. Are roads something only our scenery guys can do? It is not a major deal, I can always skip November 3rd strafing runs and stay with the air combat, picking up later on the 10th and 11th.

MaskRider
October 28th, 2010, 23:54
Hiya DD.

Boy, this post of yours sure got lost in the shuffle, huh?

Yep, there isn't away to add roads using MB. The best way is to add them with G2Kv4.

I might be able to accommodate if you can fill me in on what the underlying CFS2 context is: stock mesh and masks or is it Rhumba mesh and masks? That kind of stuff.

MR

Devildog73
November 3rd, 2010, 14:03
MR,
It is Rhumba's mesh with your Philippines scenery. Ormoc is a small port city on the west side of Leyte Island. THIS: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ormoc_Bay)
Shows the roads that were present in 1944. Google earth shows that they have not changed much.

Since the roads are not there, I just did not build the two days of dessimating the IJA convoys done by our 475th and 49th FGs.

bearcat241
November 3rd, 2010, 14:29
I can't help with the scenery question, but this Ormac Bay series sounds like my kinda PTO stuff, especially being a major part of the Battle of Leyte. I truly hope you can work out the wrinkles, Devildog.

After Midway, Coral Sea and Guadalcanal in '42, the mission year 1944 -- Leyte included -- seems the next most interesting time for me in the Pacific as it was a time of some of the greatest naval engagements of the theater -- big air to air, air to sea and sea to sea shootouts. Without the US Navy's victories in '44, 1945 would surely have been an entirely different picture, with hostilities extending well into '46.

Git'er done, DD :salute:

P.S. Not to hijack your thread DD, but while on the subject, a special thanks to Talon also for all of his excellent late war work. You guys rock!...:ernae: