PDA

View Full Version : A Big Duuuuhh Moment! - Adding a UTC clock to the Task Bar.

FAC257
October 24th, 2010, 07:29
Can't believed I just realized a few mintues ago that you could do this. Found it while poking around with the default W7 clock and calender.

In the "Change Date and Time Settings" there is an option for adding more clocks.

I always fly in the correct UTC time and have had to rely on mental calculation, ActiveSky to start or a UTC time web site when I'm setting up for my flights.

This just made things a heck of a lot easier. What a no-brainer! :173go1:

Forest

mikew
October 24th, 2010, 08:50
Thanks for this. I too was doing the calculation myself or looking it up. This is a big help.

Mike

falcon409
October 24th, 2010, 11:10
. . . . .I always fly in the correct UTC time and have had to rely on mental calculation, ActiveSky to start or a UTC time web site when I'm setting up for my flights.
Forest
I've always been curious about the need to fly based on UTC. I mean I understand it's importance in the time-space continuum, but I never use UTC unless I want to be sure I make an MP flight on time as they are almost always based on UTC because of the various Time Zones Worldwide. Otherwise, even if I'm flying in some remote part of the world I never use UTC, I simply set the time for local whatever. Just flying ConUS though, no need as far as I can see. Just my opinion. . .based on absolutely nothing other than personal preference, lol.

spotlope
October 24th, 2010, 11:33
Duh, indeed! Geez, I'd never thought of adding another clock to the taskbar. What a brilliant idea!