PDA

View Full Version : 'You're Going The Wrong Way!'

Panther_99FS
October 23rd, 2010, 18:30
NEZv0FUPtcc

brad kaste
October 23rd, 2010, 18:38
Panther,....one of my favorite scenes from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." My brother and sister-in-law watch it every Christmas eve. Gosh,....I still miss that big, lovable lunk John Candy. He left us way too soon.

PRB
October 23rd, 2010, 18:51
The only thing I remember about this movie is that one of the scenes was filmed on a stretch of CA State highway 198, just a couple of miles east of NAS Lemoore, CA, where I worked at the time. I drove past the film site each day on my way to work for a month or so. The scene was supposed to be in winter, obviously, but they filmed it in the Central Valley of California in July, when it's, oh, 110 degrees, more or less! They had white “stuff” all laid down along side the road to make it look like winter in the mid west, and it did! It was definitely weird driving past that stretch of road, sweating, with the AC maxed out, looking like January in Nebraska, or wherever they were supposed to be in that movie.

brad kaste
October 23rd, 2010, 19:10
PRB,....their plane is diverted to Wichita Kansas since OHare in Chicago was socked in by snow. Hence,...the train ride and car rental routes them through Missouri, into Illinois and up to the Chicago North Shore area.