PDA

View Full Version : New ETO Fog Weather

O-1Driver
September 30th, 2008, 19:01
We are putting together several new weather files for ETO for January release or some may be released with mission packs between now and then. All of the new fog weather files have excellent FPS.With the new weather there are also a lot of other new effects that will be released. Eto will just get better and better.

We hope to capture the real feeling of flying in the English weather during WW 11.

O-1

pachi
September 30th, 2008, 19:03
WOW!! that looks fantastic really good work:applause::applause: can't wait:jump:

warfreak
September 30th, 2008, 19:25
bunch of frame rate suckers...damn I have to get a better machine

Nonato
October 1st, 2008, 01:45
We hope to capture the real feeling of flying in the English weather during WW 11.

O-1

As a declared fan of weather and sceneries, I'm curious.

How do you do the research on how was the weather at that time? Is it an

inference from the weather nowadays? Is there other source of info?

Thank you and good work!:d:applause:

Nonato

ronnybengt
October 1st, 2008, 03:12
the fog is unbelivable....do this on instrument flying....

R

O-1Driver
October 1st, 2008, 05:16
As a declared fan of weather and sceneries, I'm curious.

How do you do the research on how was the weather at that time? Is it an

inference from the weather nowadays? Is there other source of info?

Thank you and good work!:d:applause:

Nonato

Nonato,

We are using actual combat reports by pilots that describe the weather (ceilings, fog, etc) I have not built a lot of rain weather yet as we want to improve on the droplets.

We have also added red ranging flak bursts as described in reports and smoke generators (smoke drums). there will be more.

PS: Forgot to add that I am also a pilot and have been flying for 40 years and I draw a lot from my own experiences both VFR and IFR.

O-1

Nonato
October 1st, 2008, 06:32
PS: Forgot to add that I am also a pilot and have been flying for 40 years and I draw a lot from my own experiences both VFR and IFR.

O-1

O-1

Not necessary to remind us of that!!:jump: Oh, I really would like to do it someday...:d