PDA

View Full Version : After Burner Gauge

OBIO
October 21st, 2010, 21:13
I am looking for an XLM gauge that will turn on Logo Lights when the after burner is engaged using the key command (default is Shift F4). I have a number of gauges for after burner effects that use throttle and/or rpm setting to dictate when the after burner effects turn and and off. I am working on the freeware FSD T-38, which has a very nice after burner system modeled into the flight dynamics. The plane can be pushed to 100% throttle and the AB system does not kick in, but hit the Shift F4 combo and the AB kicks in (and the throttles on the pop up throttle quadrant slide up into the AB notch).

I found a package on Simviation for the FSD AB effects....but it uses the throttle and rpm to dictate when the AB effects kick in. The header in the AB gauge give credit to Rob Barendregt for helping with the development of the gauge. There is no name in the read me file. Does anyone know how to contact Rob, perhaps he would give me the okay to modify the gauge to use only the AB key command to turn on and off the effects. Or does anyone know of such a gauge for FS2002 and/or FS2004?

OBIO

fxsttcb
December 7th, 2010, 14:37
I uploaded an automatic afterburner gauge at flightsim.com file library for FSX.
It was originally designed by Rob for use with FS2k2 and FS9, original gauge name was "DSBAburner.xml". I don't have the zip name.
Rob released a newer version RCBac-10.zip(Avsim or Flightsim) it requires his "rcbco-20.zip"(Flightsim) for full functionality...Don