PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Tomorrow!

n4gix
October 21st, 2010, 14:18
After being told last week that my surgery had to be postponed until my blood-sugar levels came down, I got a call today to report to the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago at 0630 tomorrow!

I'll have to spend the night there as policy won't allow them to release me if I don't have anyone to drive me home, so I'll be out of pocket until late Saturday afternoon or evening.

Man, I am so looking forward to getting this massive lipoma off my back! :jump:

Crusader
October 21st, 2010, 14:54
Good luck to you . We will all look forward to seeing you back here at SOH .

Rich

hey_moe
October 21st, 2010, 15:11
Hope all goes well, keep us informed...Mike

SADT
October 21st, 2010, 15:12
Good luck Bill; :salute:

Hopefully surgery or its aftermath wont be too painful - try to stay away from Tramedol (pain med) - It helps the pain (a bit) but causes far more problems.

Roadburner440
October 21st, 2010, 16:07
Good luck Bill, and hopefully you have a speedy recovery! Please let us know when you get back.

jmig
October 21st, 2010, 16:19
Our thoughts and prayers go with you, Bill!

Allen
October 21st, 2010, 16:20
Good luck to you . We will all look forward to seeing you back here at SOH .

Rich

Hope all goes well, keep us informed...Mike

Same from me!

beana51
October 21st, 2010, 16:26
Echoing all here Bill......Thoughts and prayers...With all the good luck ya can carry..See Ya Later!!.........Vin!

Lionheart
October 21st, 2010, 21:24
Hey Bill,

God bless you with a miraculous and speedy recovery, and of course, a totally smooth and successful surgery.

Heal fast and get back home.

Gods blessing be with you always man!

:salute:

EDIT: Will you have a mobile Laptop with you to check in with us?

n4gix
October 22nd, 2010, 02:10
Hey Bill,
EDIT: Will you have a mobile Laptop with you to check in with us?

Thanks guys/gals! No, my only laptop is so ancient (Win98!) that I can't even buy a battery for it anymore... :ernae:

Bushpounder
October 22nd, 2010, 03:15
Best of luck, Bill. I hope all goes well and fast. You have work to do, damn it! LOL! :)

Don

n4gix
October 23rd, 2010, 12:38
<!--StartFragment -->Thanks everyone!

I'm home again after yesterday morning's surgery. There was a slight mixup with my "Hoptel" (room) reservation, but they finally managed to get one arranged at the last moment. I suppose having me already prepped for the surgery may have had some influnce on a room suddenly becoming available. ;)

My throat is still a bit raw from the intubation, and my back hurts from the cutting and stitching, but the mass is gone finally. Until I get off the vicodin though, I'm not too likely to get much actual work done! :greenbo:

Bjoern
October 24th, 2010, 07:43
I'll drink to a successful surgery! Cheers! :ernae:

Navy Chief
October 24th, 2010, 07:49
I'll be thinking of you! May your recovery be quick!!!!!!!

NC

Lionheart
October 24th, 2010, 11:12
Hey Bill,

Glad they got it out. Take a rest and heal up. Drink some good tea and relax. Maybe plow into a good book, maybe a good novel.

:d

SADT
October 24th, 2010, 15:35
Recover well Bill!
:ernae:

Chacha
October 24th, 2010, 15:43
To your quick recovery, Bill!
:ernae: