PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise...

camshot2
October 21st, 2010, 08:27
Greetings! :wavey:

I have been a fan of CFS1, and been flying and fighting in it for about 12 years. My Dad who is now 86, still loves to fly in it as well. He is getting kind of careless at it though...lol. He came thru WWII, and was wounded in an attack by Stuka's in England. He told me that for a couple of months after coming in from the warfare, everytime he would hear an aircraft flying over he would look for cover, and try and attempt to identify the type, and was it "ours" or "theirs".

Now for my needed assistance. I love, and use the Logitech X3D Pro Joystick, and find that in WIN 7, 32 bit systems I cannot get it to function. It is recognized and checks out fine, yet will not allow any actions in flight or takeoff. I know from research, that many report this, as does my Dad, and I hope someone here has some advice on how to correct this problem.
I am not real computer savvy, but can follow instructions well, so if you can help, please let me know.

Great to meet other fans of CFS!

Willie D

hubbabubba
October 22nd, 2010, 11:16
First of all; WELCOME to you and your father, camshot2 :wavey:

CFS1 section is not a very active forum, but you will see me and a fistful of CFS1 die-hard holding the fort posting here and there. So sorry for the delay in answering back.

Now with your problem...

Since VISTA, game controllers, mostly joysticks, are not being recognized by the operating system. Unfortunately, this calamity is perpetuated in Windows 7.

Evidence that it was a pain in the a** for many is that your kind of message abound here and in other forums, even in M$ own forum.

But here, at SOH, we have, contrary to the other forums, found a solution...:kilroy:

You should first go and read the Sticky Thread "FF2B USB Software XP won't Load" (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=12) . Like the title doesn't say, this is where our collective peregrination finally gave us a solution. Read especially Deadmeat1971 posts on page 2.

If, after that, you are still unsure on what to do, tell us and I will try to explain in laymen terms. Incidentally, I'm still under Windows98SE and I still have the specs for a Logitech Force 3D Pro USB.

In any case, give us some feedback.

Good luck:173go1:

No Dice
November 9th, 2010, 16:16
Although my office computers are updated, the one on my desk is 98 , 450 mHz, 320? ram, turning 11 years old soon and never been turned off ( excluding the 9 day power loss after hurricane Katrina) Now that I posted this it will probably melt down by morning.

Dave

No Dice
November 12th, 2010, 08:18
I know very little about anything and even less about windows7 but was wondering if your other joysticks are using older software and working on windows7. If so you may try going to the Logitec site and downloading Lgs460enu.zip. This is the older version software for your stick. Its an easy install, then set up your stick in the CFs settings section and save it to your profiler.

Take that with a grain of salt

Dave aka No Dice