PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Preview: American Aerolites Falcon Ultralight

Dain Arns
October 21st, 2010, 08:00
Link to the forum preview post here:
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39967&st=0&gopid=265468&#entry265468

Dain Arns
October 21st, 2010, 08:01
Interior shots...

(Love the old school air speed and fuel gauges. :icon_lol: )

stiz
October 21st, 2010, 09:50
ooo that looks intresting :jump:

falcon409
October 21st, 2010, 09:59
I like the disclaimer at the bottom of the specs where it notes that the specs given are based on a pilot weighing 150lbs, with no wind and a temp of 59. The resulting cruise speed is 60, lol. Which means an average pilot weighing 200 lbs with a 5 to 10kt wind on a summers day might see a cruise speed just above stall, lol.:salute:

Dain Arns
October 21st, 2010, 10:43
I like the disclaimer at the bottom of the specs where it notes that the specs given are based on a pilot weighing 150lbs, with no wind and a temp of 59. The resulting cruise speed is 60, lol. Which means an average pilot weighing 200 lbs with a 5 to 10kt wind on a summers day might see a cruise speed just above stall, lol.:salute:

Hehe.
Yeah the I think the Falcon was made late 70's to early 80's.
Think 'average' pilot back then was about 50lbs lighter.
I know I was a whole lot lighter back then... :isadizzy: :icon_lol:

It was cutting edge for its time.
No cables to support the wings.
Not bad for a single cylinder, 27hp (on a good day) engine.

Actually, I read somewhere the Falcon held the altitude record at almost 27,000 feet for a long time.
Don't know if it still does.

I'd actually like to see one without gauges, just the air speed tube on the strut.
Hope this one is reasonably priced.
I'd like to get my hands on it.

falcon409
October 21st, 2010, 11:31
. . . . . .Actually, I read somewhere the Falcon held the altitude record at almost 27,000 feet for a long time.
Don't know if it still does.

I'd actually like to see one without gauges, just the air speed tube on the strut.
Hope this one is reasonably priced.
I'd like to get my hands on it.
The listed Max altitude is 15,000 which is pretty amazing for that type aircraft. I'm with you though, I hope it's reasonably priced as I would enjoy giving it a shot over PNW. Here's hoping!:salute:

anthony31
October 21st, 2010, 16:35
I have the POH for a 2 seat ultralight taildragger where the weight limitations for the pilot are minimum 69kg and maximum 92kg.

As it is a taildragger the pilot actually sits in front of the main wheels and well in front of the wings and CoG. The passenger sits behind the pilot and is located where the CoG would be. I guess if he weighs too much she noses over. Too light and you have to add ballast to the nose.

James
October 22nd, 2010, 13:18
it looks pretty neat...but not my cup of tea. have fun with it, though.

Naki
October 22nd, 2010, 14:59
I have the POH for a 2 seat ultralight taildragger where the weight limitations for the pilot are minimum 69kg and maximum 92kg.

As it is a taildragger the pilot actually sits in front of the main wheels and well in front of the wings and CoG. The passenger sits behind the pilot and is located where the CoG would be. I guess if he weighs too much she noses over. Too light and you have to add ballast to the nose.

A Maxair Drifter?