PDA

View Full Version : Files check pls.

wantok
October 21st, 2010, 05:05
Could someone reach into their "Effects" folder within FSX and tell me if these 3 files are default or not:

fx_obslight_amber; fx_obslight_green and fx_obslight_white.

With a lot of sceneries and planes downloaded since FSX RTM and my own scenery development, I can't figure out anymore what's default and what's not. I just need someone to cross-check so I don't inadvertantly use another developer's fx files.

Thanks

JoeW
October 21st, 2010, 05:34
I have a FX_OBSlight.fx and a FX_OBSlight2.FX.
Not those. That don't mean much though. Open them with notepad and look to see if the author put his name in them.

wantok
October 21st, 2010, 05:48
Thanks Joe. Yep, checked and no author. I also have the 2 you have and since all have the same "obs" prefix I'd assume they are third party fx from the same author. Although I could be wrong since the 2 you have are dated 5/12/06 and the ones I'm referencing dated 1/28/08.

Urgh, could the real McCoy (behind these) step forward pls.

PRB
October 21st, 2010, 09:32
My stock FSX effects folder looks the same as JoeW's

nio
October 21st, 2010, 10:56
Mine is not stock.

I have all five files. The three subject files are dated 10.02.08.I am guessing that is the date I added the scenery which threw in these files.Is there an easy way I can check what I may have downloaded and installed on that date?

We may get somewhere.

I run UTX Europe and GEX Europe Tongass Fjords and FTX Tasmania and PNW demos as main scenery addons.

Maybe this helps?

best

nio

nio
October 21st, 2010, 11:02
Of course, if they are files from a plane we have a long night ahead.:salute:

best

nio

wantok
October 21st, 2010, 11:59
Much appreciate you confirming, Paul and Nio. I have UTX USA but the white and amber lights within UTX is different to the subject white and amber lights. On closer inspection, UTX has higher glow effect than the 2 although they all use fx_2.bmp. Well, I guess I have to create a new set myself.

Thanks again.