PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help Manuele Villa?

huub vink
October 20th, 2010, 09:37
As you can see in the thread below Manuale Villa has lost a lot of work as his GMAX file got corrupted. I have heard this in the past and I think there once was a solution mentioned at the SOH to recover a corrupted GMAX file. Any help will be appreciated!

Most definitely by Manuele, but also by the crowd who is waiting for another gorgeous model!

Thanks,
Huub

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=44429&p=495830&viewfull=1#post495830

Milton Shupe
October 20th, 2010, 09:59
Huub,

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Not sure if this helps, but in my backup folder, there are three kinds of backup files.

Two of these can be used to recover scenes. However, only one is viewable unless when trying to open them, you select files of type All Files. He may have a workable scene available and not know it.

Lastly, he should set backups to occur every 15 minutes and keep as many as possible.

I also save iterations using date and numbers for many backups each day, saved every 30-45 minutes. Both have been used many times to "go back".

EDIT: I replied in his thread and send a PM offering to help.

huub vink
October 20th, 2010, 13:39
Thanks Milton, I knew I could count on you!

Hopefully his back-ups are not all overwritten, but anyhow this information will be useful to him whenever he has the same problem again.

Thanks again,
Huub