PDA

View Full Version : What a Bargain

Mickey D
October 20th, 2010, 02:17
Managed to get in at the last moment with a bid of £5.57. Delivery Thurs. but wasn't told which Thurs.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190458541958
Thought I'd park it up at ex-RAF Wittering when the Harriers have gone? Open it as a bistro. Would have enough change from £20 to buy Wittering too. Open up a theme park called "Britain Before the Invasion". Rumour also has it that all the privately owned Spitfires and RAF Museum exhibits are to be requisitioned, marinised and then embarked on HMS Queen Elizabeth in 2014. After all they do outnumber all the serviceable Tornados.
Also rumoured is the recent discovery that hot air balloons are invisible to radar. The nation's stitchers are now hard at it sewing the new RAF. They are to be housed in a large hangar built over the Houses of Parliament where there is an unlimited supply of fuel. :salute:

tigermoth
October 20th, 2010, 04:11
Well said. I have bought an option on the world's supply of mothballs. There should be enough for one of the new carriers when it is built, with plenty left over to safely store the common sense and compassion of the present government and all the pledges of the Lib Dems (although many of them are in poor condition). I am currently seeking employment in a bank where my complete lack of experience and expertise should bring rich rewards.

Brian_Gladden
October 20th, 2010, 08:59
Too bad it was a joke... I have a friend who flew Nimrods in the RAF. At least you'd have a ferry pilot!

Wing_Z
October 20th, 2010, 11:29
Too bad it was a joke...
Oh no!
I bought two of 'em, just the ticket for an island nation with a humungous coastline...had just arranged for the entire fleet of RNZAF Skyhawks (mothballed several years ago) to be pushed into the sea to make room...

SADT
October 20th, 2010, 13:09
:running: :icon_lol:

I wouldnt mind a Nimrod........... (Or a DH comet or an Avro Tudor or an A-4 Skyhawk or...........)
At 5 quid as well!

noddy
October 21st, 2010, 04:23
It is a sad day indeed.