PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to bury My friend..

HouseHobbit
October 19th, 2010, 03:21
I am Home in dayton today, I have to prepare the funeral service for My Friend Terri..
I once said I would NEVER do either weddings or funerals when I became a minister..
I was Wrong..

For my Brother Bear and Sister Terri, I will have now done Both..
Bear and Terri's daughter Amber, I did the service for her marriage..

And now I am preparing the funeral for Terri..
This is Very hard for me.. I realize My dear friend Terri would have wanted me to do this, and the family is grateful I am doing this..
I will be the last thing I can do for Terri, I will do my best to do this with the Respect and Honor and Love due Her..
it is a labor of Love, and is Breaking My heart..
I NEVER wanted to Bury My friend, and I Know She is in Our Lords hands now.. Thanks be to God..
I am having a hard time of it..Holding Danielle the 5 year old granchild yesterday, while she cried was difficult..

I have been Helping as I can with the Children, and family..It is difficult to hold a stiff upper lip
and be strong for them...When I too are grieving also..But I gress this is the one Part of My ministry life I have dreaded. and Now I must do this..

I shall return to Coshocton tomorrow morning..
And friday I shall do the service, I pray I am able to Keep myself together during this..

Thanks to all for the support and Prayers..
God Bless each of you..

johnh_049
October 19th, 2010, 03:56
condolences on the loss of your friend. it's a hard thing to have to go through.

CADFather
October 19th, 2010, 04:08
HH,
Losing a friend is never easy and I always struggle to find the words to express myself at their passing. I can only imagine the pressures of conducting the final service for a friend. The only thing I can offer is to remember Terri at her best and that no matter her condition in her final days here on earth, she now walks beside God in His Kingdom, as she was when she was happiest in this life. We'll keep you, Terri and the entire family in our prayers here in GA. May God bless you while you do this for Terri and her family.

CAD