PDA

View Full Version : Rob Richardson's Beagle Basset CC1 released

RyDraiggoch
October 18th, 2010, 15:02
www.classicbritishfiles.com now.
Please, the admin asks that you do NOT link directly to the file , this was partially the cause for
our hacking last month.

This model is for FSX/SP2/Acceleration only.

Thanks

http://www.hosted.classicbritishfiles.com/imageupload/images/bb1.jpg

http://www.hosted.classicbritishfiles.com/imageupload/images/bb2.jpgAt [url]

http://www.hosted.classicbritishfiles.com/imageupload/images/bb3nrn.jpg

Piglet
October 18th, 2010, 15:26
I remember building the Airfix kit of the Basset:salute:

Ferry_vO
October 18th, 2010, 20:21
Saw the WIP shots only yesterday and now it's already released; thanks for the HU! :wiggle:

SADT
October 18th, 2010, 21:03
Rob Richardson is almost rivalling Piglet now................ in terms of speed that is........ :applause:

How is the Scimitar coming along?

warchild
October 18th, 2010, 21:36
Very adorable plane.. Kinda reminds me of an original piper twin in a way but much cuter..

robcarrich
October 18th, 2010, 21:44
Rob Richardson is almost rivalling Piglet now................ in terms of speed that is........ :applause:

I wish!

Rob R

SADT
October 18th, 2010, 22:00
I am surprised that this aircraft was put forward to replace the Avro Anson - the Anson is much bigger, isnt it? What is even more surprising is that it was pitted against the DeHavilland DH.104 Devon in a contest to supply the RAF.

warchild
October 18th, 2010, 22:26
Very adorable plane.. Kinda reminds me of an original piper twin in a way but much cuter..

Daube
October 19th, 2010, 01:28
Very interesting airplane indeed.
Thanks a lot ! :ernae:

Motormouse
October 19th, 2010, 01:53
I am surprised that this aircraft was put forward to replace the Avro Anson - the Anson is much bigger, isnt it? What is even more surprising is that it was pitted against the DeHavilland DH.104 Devon in a contest to supply the RAF.

It was for speed, not size...main job of the Bassett squadron was moving V-Bomber
crews to dispersed bases.

ttfn

Pete

peter12213
October 19th, 2010, 06:11
Great little flyer, I also had the Kit of this as a kiddie! Hopefully the Supermarine Attacker next! :wiggle:

Daveroo
October 19th, 2010, 08:50
someone mentioned it....but i would love to see a dove built for fsx and i think classic brittish gentalmen would be the guys to do it...dont yall agree?

RyDraiggoch
October 19th, 2010, 11:20
someone mentioned it....but i would love to see a dove built for fsx and i think classic brittish gentalmen would be the guys to do it...dont yall agree?

Dave the guys in the design loft are very flattered, however, Derek Palmers superlative Dove for Fs9 cross's over nicely to FSX and if anyone was to do an FSX version justice it would be him.

Meanwhile the gents at The Pond, sort of have a backlog of aircraft they are working on.

Robs Attacker has laid fallow all summer , waiting for someone to do the RATO equipment for it.
One of the things about www.classicbritishfiles.com is no one pushes there, the guys who call
it home work at their own speed, and with a couple of exception build what and how they like.

The Bassett was an unexpected joy, Rob sort of kept it under wraps and worked with Pete Watkins on the civilian paints so they could be released together. Personally I have been flying it only for a few days, and it is a joy, its sad that Beagle-Auster couldn't get their
collective fingers out and stop overbuilding the real thing, It might still be around today....who knows the bigger version that was planned (10 seat) might even have had turbo-props added
to it. In the meantime enjoy Rob's gift, it is so much fun to piddle around in, looks great, inside and out, and most of all like all things at the Pond , is free.

Cheers

Leif

Mick Maher
October 19th, 2010, 12:37
Thanks for the HU I Had that Airfix KIt Too.

calypsos
October 19th, 2010, 13:56
The Basset model CC Mk 1 was technically part of the 'Queens Flight' for some time, it was used by Prince Charles to become qualified on twins, possibly the only person to do so in the RAF. They were later used as comms aircraft at group level, shuttling senior staff officers to inspections and meetings.

The idea (originally) was for a fleet of them would carry a full 5 man V-Bomber crew to their aircraft based at remote locations in the event of a war. This plan was never fully activated and the aircraft was never popular in RAF service, it's handling in the sim may be better than the real world!

One was (is?) used at Boscombe Down by the ETPS and it has a basic fly-by-wire mod that makes it handle very differently, depending on the settings used.

calypsos
October 19th, 2010, 14:02
Here is the Test Pilot's School Basset, still in service! It would make a nice repaint, even without the probe!

italoc
October 19th, 2010, 14:15
Very good job :jump:
Thanks
Italo

Daube
October 20th, 2010, 05:58
I could find the time yesterday to make a short test flight with this plane.
It's really a beauty and a joy to fly, thanks again.

However I have faced some little issues with the modeling of the virtual cockpit switches. I don't have all the details in mind right now, so I'll write more about this tonight hopefully.