PDA

View Full Version : OT:WW2 military vehicles in Malton, Yorkshire.

BeauBrummie
October 18th, 2010, 07:49
On Sunday afternoon when walking with my son fron Norton into Malton over the old toll bridge across the river Derwent, we were passed by a small convoy of a Quad and 25 pounder, a Matador and 5.5inch gun with a Bedford truck bringing up the rear. I later found out that they part of a WW2 weekend in Pickering witht he North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Unfortunately I was too slow in getting my Mobile phone out to take a photo!

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
October 18th, 2010, 08:02
Wish i'd known that, bet that would have been a good day out. i never think of getting cameras out as i'm always to engrosed in the moment.

Dave

O-1Driver
October 20th, 2010, 16:45
Jeff, here is a video from Operation Cobra filmed in 2008. The annual event is this weekend and I will be flying the L-4 for the two days. There will be several tanks and APCs there along with many trucks and jeeps. I attached a picture of the Battlefield which spans 400 acres and has dense hedgerows that simulate the breakout from Normandy. The L-4 will be operating from the grass field near the Allied Camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXUFEYiQEM0

Will post some videos after the event for you guys we hope to get some aerial film as well as ground action.

Steve21743