PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 gun animation question

crossram
October 18th, 2010, 04:14
Just want to ask if anyone knows, have tried, and where in the model structure the tag I'm asking about...

The tag I'd like to know about is shown in the Aircraft Construction Guide SDK, shown as...

rotations

gun#_l_r
#=VC# no keyframe animation.
center= Zup, Yin line with barrel of gun pointing at gunner. add '_1' to seperate VC gun from exterior gun.

gun#_fore_aft
child of .._l_r #=VC# no keyframe animation.
center= X is up, Z is right from gunners POV

#=VC# ???

Has anybody tried that part of the gun tags?

hairyspin
October 18th, 2010, 22:01
Haven't tried them crossram, but they feature in the ju_88a_4 model with the SDK. You may have to unhide objects to get them to show.

HTH, Tom

crossram
October 19th, 2010, 04:26
Thanks for that, hairyspin!

At least that will show how, where, and when they are used in the structure. Don't recall seeing 'em...must be the 'forest for the trees' thing.

Thank you, sir!

crossram
October 19th, 2010, 06:50
Did a complete check through both 88 samples...didn't find any...gun#_l_r #=VC#, or the like.

Am I just missing something, or as usual is it simply more of the SDK's garbage?

hairyspin
October 19th, 2010, 11:17
You do know it was Ratbert who wrote the SDK? It certainly wasn't Tina the Tech Writer...

Translate:-
gun#_l_r #=VC# no keyframe animation Be concise!

Answer:- gun0_l_r belongs to virtual cockpit 0, gun3_l_r belongs to virtual cockpit 3. The modeller need only align the gun's pivot correctly, the game will supply the necessary animation.

I see gun0_l_r, gun1_l_r up to gun3_l_r and up to gun4_fore_aft in the object list for the ju_88a_4. Where there are two guns of the type in a position, the second will be named gun0_l_r_1 etc.

HTH, Tom