PDA

View Full Version : Captian Sim F-104 for 2004 portover issues please Help

weeebbz
October 16th, 2010, 14:05
hi im trying to port over the captain sim F-104 to FSX and i have some issues first off there is a black line across the bottom of the VC and secondly the Gears wont retract i tried the alphas sim one but the throttle wont decrease from a high power setting it will decrees and then shot back up to Full power any help

hschuit
October 16th, 2010, 17:48
It is a bit of a long thread and not every issue has been solved but it contains a lot of intel needed to make the CS 104 fly in FSX: FSX General Discussion -> old CS F-104 in FSX

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21068

cheers, Henk Schuitemaker

daisan
October 17th, 2010, 03:33
You should check this link

http://www.progettof104.102virtual.org/

Native F104. Great detail. Impressive realism

TeiscoDelRay
October 17th, 2010, 07:29
Can you tell us more about this fx version or translate some of the web site info? Is it available, does it cost?

cortomalteseit
October 17th, 2010, 08:19
I can reply to the question...
F-104 by Progetto F-104 it's a donationware. The money received will be used to re-build a cockpit of a real Zipper connected to an FSX simulator.
This model was develop (and it is still in developing) by Mr. Mario Motta, a real F-104 pilot during years '80, chief of the 102nd Squadron of Italian Air Force, and other boys of 102nd Virtual Squadron and 22nd Virtual Squadron.
The model was realized following step-by-step the Dash-1, also downloadable from that site, changed in the parts where FSX is different from the reality.
Very difficult to fly, you've to read (and study) the manual before fly her.

quote from the site:
"To have the software visit the STORE "Progetto F104" and add it to your shopping cart below and complete your purchase, you will receive email instructions for downloading and a password to to open the file.
The software is free, but we ask you a little donaton in some cases to support us on developing the "Project 104" will be happy to accept donations of any amount.
To make donations with a credit card you can use Paypal donation module:"

Try her and you'll agree with me! :salute:

TeiscoDelRay
October 17th, 2010, 08:37
Thanks is there an english version of the site? Not sure if I have to sign up or where exacly to download. Also how complete is the model so far?

cortomalteseit
October 17th, 2010, 09:16
Thanks is there an english version of the site? Not sure if I have to sign up or where exacly to download. Also how complete is the model so far?

1. no, there isn't an english version of the site. BTW if you use Chrome browser you can translate it automatically in an easy way, or proceed manually with google translation tools.
2. yes, you've to sign up and then go to download area. fill your order and you'll receive an e-mail with the link and the passwrod to open the file.
3. the model is complete and ready to fly. You'll have a clean configuration, while the armed configuration is actually only for the members of the 102nd VSqn. Soon they will release a new version (3.0) with brand new VC...

regards

daisan
October 17th, 2010, 14:34
Yes, excellent explanation.

You can take a look at a development version here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOWFL6zUQUc

James
October 21st, 2010, 05:14
I don't know about the F-104, but I'd love to see the MiG 21 ported over....