PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven question

Old Tiger
October 16th, 2010, 08:54
:wavey:Hey guys I just d/l those free The Lavochkin Pack from AH, but when I select an loadout, It's there and works but dont show up on the plane. I checked all the pylons and weapons called for. They are all there.:isadizzy: Here's a pic, should have bombs and drop tanks under the wings.21453

flyer01
October 16th, 2010, 09:00
May be a problem with the planes XML file.

flyer01

Old Tiger
October 17th, 2010, 10:00
May be a problem with the planes XML file.

flyer01

:ernae:Thanks flyer01 probably is the XML file. I even installed it in my stock cfs3, where it was meant to be. Same thing, No weapons showng up on plane. I checked the XML file out with XMLWrench, which found nuttin worng. Oh well it was a freebe. Nice looken plane though:salute:

ndicki
October 17th, 2010, 10:10
This was also the trouble with one version of Johnno's Sea Fury, but I think it's actually something to do with the model itself rather than the xdp file...

Old Tiger
October 19th, 2010, 10:25
This was also the trouble with one version of Johnno's Sea Fury, but I think it's actually something to do with the model itself rather than the xdp file...
:wavey:Hey nidicki, Is the plane you're reffering to, one of these? Ther're from DPC Korea.:salute:

First one Seafire, Second Sea Fury

ndicki
October 19th, 2010, 10:38
The Seafire isn't from the Korea set - wrong type and wrong markings. The Sea Fury though IS the one I mean. It exists in 3 versions that I've had hold of - there are others - and two of them do odd things with their loadouts. One acts as though everything is loaded, but you can't see it or drop it. Another shows it correctly fitted on pylons but when you release the weapons, they drop or launch from the 0,0,0 position - in the centre of the model. The final version does things nicely.

It sounds as though the AH Las do the same as the first Fury I mentioned. It is not an xdp problem, but something related to the model itself. You can't fix it yourself.

wsmwsm
October 19th, 2010, 14:20
Adding a wrinkle to all of this, the Seafury I have seen - which I am quite certain came from the old Korean Skies site (Seafury _FB11) - had no visible weapons but would drop ordinance from its mid-section. And I don't think it looked like the Seafury pictured above (as Ndicki points out). It has a largely silver/gray fuselage, medium blue wings and the number 110 (or 011 depending on which view) on its side.

ndicki
October 20th, 2010, 10:00
Actually, while it's very kind of AH to release the La-9s as freeware, there are also the payware Bear Studios La-9/11s, and they are beautiful... They are among my favourite aircraft, and while they have dated a little bit compared to MAW and post-MAW releases, they are still thoroughly delightful aircraft to have. Well worth the handful of change they cost to buy.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=bslavo

Look for the link at the bottom of the page. Recommended.

Old Tiger
October 21st, 2010, 06:02
Actually, while it's very kind of AH to release the La-9s as freeware, there are also the payware Bear Studios La-9/11s, and they are beautiful... They are among my favourite aircraft, and while they have dated a little bit compared to MAW and post-MAW releases, they are still thoroughly delightful aircraft to have. Well worth the handful of change they cost to buy.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=bslavo

Look for the link at the bottom of the page. Recommended.

:wavey:Thanks ndicki:running:d/l it right now.:salute:

:salute:ndicki You're sure right, they are well worth the handful of change they cost to buy.

Rabbit 3
October 22nd, 2010, 02:20
Don`t think that the models are the problem as I`ve recently downloaded the freeware versions from AH and the weapons show up fine in my set up.
Might be worthwhile checking the weapons themselves again in case you`ve missed something!