PDA

View Full Version : Do I smell bad Pork?

Piglet
October 14th, 2010, 19:26
I just got this email from, eh, lets call them XXXXXX:

Hey. It's me again. I was wondering if you could help our development team XXXXXX in updating the IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle

Everything is fine, except the HUD. In the original version, the HUD blended into the green nicely. However, the HUD in FSX shows a clear square with the hud behind it. could you, potentially, create a gauge (or edit the existing) so that the background is the same color? I know you're not a big fan of requests, but this one has a problem that we've tried to fix time and time again, and have even had to get help to no avail. I will send you the gauge (or you can download the package off of megaupload @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EF3VIV2 ). If you want, I can also send you the next aircraft, the F-35B Lightning II.

To me this sounds like some hacking, or ripping of payware. And who's F-35 will they give me?
I answered that I have no time for requests, and if they are on the level with IRIS. If they prove on the level and legit to all concerned, then I'll let this pass and not think more of it.
Anyone else get a similar email?

deathfromafar
October 14th, 2010, 19:31
I just got this email from, eh, lets call them XXXXXX:

Hey. It's me again. I was wondering if you could help our development team XXXXXX in updating the IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle

Everything is fine, except the HUD. In the original version, the HUD blended into the green nicely. However, the HUD in FSX shows a clear square with the hud behind it. could you, potentially, create a gauge (or edit the existing) so that the background is the same color? I know you're not a big fan of requests, but this one has a problem that we've tried to fix time and time again, and have even had to get help to no avail. I will send you the gauge (or you can download the package off of megaupload @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EF3VIV2 ). If you want, I can also send you the next aircraft, the F-35B Lightning II.

To me this sounds like some hacking, or ripping of payware. And who's F-35 will they give me?
I answered that I have no time for requests, and if they are on the level with IRIS. If they prove on the level and legit to all concerned, then I'll let this pass and not think more of it.
Anyone else get a similar email?

Tim, aren't those two Iris models mentioned now the freeware versions? Seems I read some threads a while back where some were trying to get those models working in FSX. I'm wondering if this is along the same lines?

falcon409
October 14th, 2010, 19:38
Only thing that makes this smell a bit would be their reference to the "Development Team". Why refer to yourself as that unless you planned to release this as your own creation? It's possible that as "deathfromafar" says, they sound like they could be talking about the freeware version of both airplanes, but that doesn't make what they are inferring any better.

Piglet
October 14th, 2010, 19:45
You may have a point there, hence the last part of my post...

Bone
October 14th, 2010, 19:50
Well, the Iris F-15E does have green tinted HUD glass, and when you swap out the unusable original HUD guage with the Accell F-18 HUD guage, there is a clear square in the glass. I'm pretty sure they're talking about the freeware...as far as their ultimate intentions...?????

peter12213
October 14th, 2010, 19:54
We fixed this months ago, why have you been messaged this is below you Tim, me and ed and a few others completely did this! Tell them to check previous posts! And if they are bribing you with pirated payware then they deserve being shown
up!

deathfromafar
October 14th, 2010, 19:55
There's a few guys(small freeware dev teams) who post over at Flightsim.com who rebuild old FS9 models for FSX. I'm wondering if the dev team might be some of those folks? I see their stuff over there all the time.

Bone
October 14th, 2010, 20:03
We fixed this months ago, why have you been messaged this is below you Tim, me and ed and a few others completely did this! Tell them to check previous posts! And if they are bribing you with pirated payware then they deserve being shown
up!

The previous post didn't fix the clear square in the green glass. If you have it worked out, please share.:jump:

Quixoticish
October 14th, 2010, 23:56
Sounds like it may be the infamous and much maligned "NorCal Prop Club".

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15989&hilit=NorCal

Lateral-G
October 15th, 2010, 06:02
Sounds like it may be the infamous and much maligned "NorCal Prop Club".

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15989&hilit=NorCal

That basically just reaffirms my original assessment of NorCal.....

Bjoern
October 15th, 2010, 09:03
Oh yeah, try to bribe a freeware developer to do crap for you with a non-native a freeware aircraft. Clever going there, mates! :rolleyes:

Piglet
October 16th, 2010, 19:25
I read the link Chris H posted
"Selfish Aircraft Developers"?!?
Oh well, I was never a fan of Norcal anyways!