PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes!

jankees
November 23rd, 2008, 13:23
Yes, I bought a new computer!
FSX only so far, but boy, does it look good!
Nearly everything to the right, no problems.
Too bad my screenshooter stubbornly refuses to take pictures of it in full screen, what is this?
And why do I have to say "hide menu bar" twice? Why doesn't the thing disappear automatically, like in FS9?
And can someone tell me (again) how to get rid of those red messages (like spot view etc)?
Now, I have to install all my aircraft, scenery, weather and I don't know what else..will keep me happy for a while I think.
Anyway, here's the first shot I managed to squeeze out of it, the good old Mustang. BIG screen, did I tell you that yet? (OK, just 22'). Come on Bomber, I need that FSX version!

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 13:24
Congrats! on the new hardware! :applause:

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 13:25
And why do I have to say "hide menu bar" twice? Why doesn't the thing disappear automatically, like in FS9?

Press & hold the "alt" key....:mixedsmi:

Meso
November 23rd, 2008, 13:42
congrats on the new comp!

[quote=jankees;43381]Too bad my screenshooter stubbornly refuses to take pictures of it in full screen, what is this?
quote]

hit the "V" key. it saves pictures in "mijn afbeeldingen\ fsx"

kind regards,

Meso

stiz
November 23rd, 2008, 15:06
And can someone tell me (again) how to get rid of those red messages (like spot view etc)?

you add the line HideInfoText=1 to the end of the [MAIN] section of the FSX.cfg (C:\Documents and Settings\**your user name**\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX)

As for screenshots, i use FSScreen, works a charm :jump:

Cazzie
November 23rd, 2008, 15:41
Press & hold the "alt" key....:mixedsmi:

Thanks for that Panther, I had been meaning to post this query ever since I got FSX.

Caz

Marlin
November 24th, 2008, 01:14
I use a little program called snapshooter with no complaints at all.

http://www.salientsoft.net/projects/snapshooter

The "hideinfo" is the correct mod to get rid of those red letters. :applause: Thanks Stiz for posting that so I didn't have to look it up :)

mike_cyul
November 24th, 2008, 01:59
you add the line HideInfoText=1 to the end of the [MAIN] section of the FSX.cfg (C:\Documents and Settings\**your user name**\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX)

As for screenshots, i use FSScreen, works a charm :jump:

In Vista, that will be **your user name**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

:)

Mike

huub vink
November 24th, 2008, 02:02

Because it is FSX and not FS2004!!!

Sorry JanKees, but I just couldn't resist :costumes:

Huub

warbird861
November 24th, 2008, 02:06
Is there way to remap the view hotkeys? Eg so that [F11] would give me 'spot' instead of 'locked spot'. Or that [F12] would give me something else that 'top down'.

hews500d
November 24th, 2008, 06:37
Yes, I bought a new computer!
FSX only so far, but boy, does it look good!
Nearly everything to the right, no problems.
Too bad my screenshooter stubbornly refuses to take pictures of it in full screen, what is this?
Now, I have to install all my aircraft, scenery, weather and I don't know what else..will keep me happy for a while I think.
Anyway, here's the first shot I managed to squeeze out of it, the good old Mustang. BIG screen, did I tell you that yet? (OK, just 22'). Come on Bomber, I need that FSX version!

Congrats on the new purchase! Do you mind posting your specs? I'm in going to be making a purchase within the next month or so and interested in seeing what's working well for people.

Darrell

Ferry_vO
November 24th, 2008, 07:07
22" is a great size for a desktop monitor! :d

Love mine! :applause:

jmig
November 24th, 2008, 09:23
Is there way to remap the view hotkeys? Eg so that [F11] would give me 'spot' instead of 'locked spot'. Or that [F12] would give me something else that 'top down'.

I do it through FSUIPC.F-12 centers the IRTrack view. Under controls in FSX you can change keystrokes. I don't know if those particular items are changeable?

jankees
November 24th, 2008, 10:45
Do you mind posting your specs?

Specs, that would be something like this?
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 S775 2.66GHz, Chipset Intel P43 + ICH10, 4GB DDRII 800MHz, nVidia N9600GT-Zilent 1Gb, 750GB 7200RPM SATAII 32MB

jankees
November 25th, 2008, 10:33
OK, we're making (slow) progress, installing new birds, more scenery, enjoying the sights, and running into new problems...
Screenshots are still a pain, both Screenshooter and fsscreen only give black pics, when I'm in fullscreen mode, and hitting "v" freezes the screen for a second, and produces only bmp's. I don't want bmp's, I want jpg's! I'm open to suggestions?
Another weird thing is that I don't see any roads anymore in FTX, all cars now drive on the grass, or whatever the textures are. Again, I'm open to suggestions..
Futhermore, the picture tends to become rather jerky at times, the strange thing is that this sometimes continues until after push the 'pause' button?
Still, what a joy, such a big screen!
Here's a few more pics:

Henry
November 25th, 2008, 10:48
It didnt by chance come with a mossie paint kit did it :costumes:
hope you get all the tweaks done
H

Lawman
November 25th, 2008, 11:04
Have you tried Snapper?

http://www.ovosoft.net/snapper/

SkippyBing
November 25th, 2008, 11:21
You can convert the bmp to jpg in most graphics programs, many will even batch convert a folder for you.

Mithrin
November 25th, 2008, 13:27
Congrats on a new system!

JT8D-9A
November 26th, 2008, 06:34
Jan, did you install the FTX regions in their release sequence (Blue, Gold, Green) and did you install the Hotfixes (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=34.0)? (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=34.0%29?)

For screenshots i use the FSX function and i resize and save the BMPs as JPGs with Irfanview.