PDA

View Full Version : NAS Pensacola: a nice place to visit.

Navy Chief
October 14th, 2010, 15:37
NAS Pensacola is such a beautiful base. I stayed at the former BOQ (which is now a Navy Gateway Inn) for almost a week. Extremely reasonably priced, and for all you military retirees out there - I highly recommend it!

https://navyreservations.dodlodging.net/checkAvailability.do;jsessionid=04FnM3Sb1yBZbKJ2J4 nDwPLJgb1fXNJYLKNr21Wxp2G4X4PKNnzG!150451262?actio n=View&bc=

NC

Willy
October 14th, 2010, 15:52
There used to be two Navy Inns onbase there. One up near the main gate and another near the old Naval Station. They've probably changed that though.

Willy
(two tours at NAS Pensacola)

Navy Chief
October 14th, 2010, 16:12
There used to be two Navy Inns onbase there. One up near the main gate and another near the old Naval Station. They've probably changed that though.

Willy
(two tours at NAS Pensacola)

There's also a Navy Lodge up close to the CPO Club, but I have never been able to a get a reservation there.

Speaking of the CPO Club, it is rarely if ever, open now. I went by there twice this past week. Despite the advertised operating hours of 3-8 PM, it was closed. So sad. What was once a fantastic place to go (at most bases), is now nothing more than a memory. NAS Whidbey Island CPO Club is still quite active, but it is a rarity.

NC